Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries release dates

Jan103
Level 2

Proseries is falling behind badly.  Forms are so late and keep getting extended.  Is any one else feeling the pressure?  The tech support is not available and when you do get someone on the phone they have no idea what to do.  I have been on hold for hours.  Need a recommendation for a better tax software program.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Is any one else feeling the pressure?"

Nope.  It's tax season.  Tax season means stress.  If someone is afraid of a little stress, they should have become a cop or fireman or some other low stress job.

The IRS doesn't technically open up e-filing until tomorrow and the IRS has held up creating some of their new forms.  No need to panic ......................... at least not yet. 😰

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had to bring in a long table to hold all the files waiting for something.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im hoping the 2210 is held up because theyre going to waive estimated penalties for 2020.

Just-Lisa-Now-_0-1613091349202.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dascpa
Level 11

Just heard, ProSeries will open up all e-filing and have all forms ready at 9pm April 15th. No need to panic now, just wait and submit 310 million returns on the last evening.

saxoncpa
Level 2

I've been using Proseries for 22 years. This is typical of Intuit and it gets worse and worse each year.  Its even woprse on the business returns 1120S and 1065 which HAVE to be done before the owners personal returns. Every year I lose at least five clients because Intuit doesnt get the forms out when they say they will. I'm retiring this year so I'll just muddle through and finally say GOOD RIDDENCE  to INTUIT!

Jan103
Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  Me too on the table of Waiting ........  Enjoy the rest of your season.

Jan103
Level 2

You made my Friday!!  I laughed hard when I read your response.  Enjoy the rest of your season.  And thanks.

Jan103
Level 2

Some days I wonder if it is time..... Good Luck and thanks for responding.

0 Cheers
jpw-cpa
Level 1

I've been a lont-time ProSeries Professional user and customer service gets worse each year. If someone was just getting started I would recommend Drake Software, I understand they have terrific customer service and are reasonably priced.

0 Cheers
Jan103
Level 2

You are the best.  Thanks

0 Cheers
sandytax
Level 2

Thank you for that. I am at my wits end - I cannot update any forms and keep getting an error message.  I talked to 5 people at ProSeries and they couldn't figure it out.  I talked to my day job's IT department and they were baffled.  I talked to Best Buy and the Geek Squad - no idea!  I was told by someone at ProSeries that it could be my motherboard or hard drive.  I bought a new computer yesterday because my old one was 6 years old.  Still nothing and I am out $900 for that and $2400 for the software.  My head is spinning and I am angry.  Can anyone help?

0 Cheers