Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Professional Conversion Tool - Supported Tax Software Doesn't Include ProConnect

Hey there Intuit family - have a question.

Why is is that ProConnect is not a supported software for converting data to ProSeries (both by Intuit). Or even QBDT/QBO for that matter...it doesn't' seem to make sense to me unless it has something to do with software not talking to each other well. On that note, why does the Intuit Link cloud not allow me to take my clients from within it and add to ProSeries? It's sort of a bummer that I've got to add each and every client detail by detail into ProSeries manually.

Other than that, absolutely phenomenal software. 

TIA

-LM

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

PTO doesn't have a data export function.  Unofficially, however, you can call Intuit Support and request for the data in Lacerte format, which you can then convert for PS.  It is a manual process and they could usually get it done within a workweek.

As you may be aware, Intuit Link was fully integrated into PTO, if I recall, two seasons ago.  It has since been accessible only from within the Link drawer of PTO.  The legacy Intuit Link portal is no longer operational for PTO users, although it is still the portal for Lacerte and PS users.  If you log into the legacy Intuit Link portal, you will notice that none of the Questionnaires/Checklists or discussions you have with your clients since the migration are present or visible (although you still have access to data for those pre-migration years (sans item level comments).  You may not have noticed but even the client portal for PTO users was migrated; the client portal for PTO is prolink.intuit.com whereas it is link.intuit.com for everyone else.

In practice, what this means is that you will need to send brand new invitations (with new tokens) to your existing clients who will log into the legacy portal once you move onto PS (i.e. link.intuit.com).

[Edit: I meant to say "Unofficially" instead of "Officially"]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

PTO doesn't have a data export function.  Unofficially, however, you can call Intuit Support and request for the data in Lacerte format, which you can then convert for PS.  It is a manual process and they could usually get it done within a workweek.

As you may be aware, Intuit Link was fully integrated into PTO, if I recall, two seasons ago.  It has since been accessible only from within the Link drawer of PTO.  The legacy Intuit Link portal is no longer operational for PTO users, although it is still the portal for Lacerte and PS users.  If you log into the legacy Intuit Link portal, you will notice that none of the Questionnaires/Checklists or discussions you have with your clients since the migration are present or visible (although you still have access to data for those pre-migration years (sans item level comments).  You may not have noticed but even the client portal for PTO users was migrated; the client portal for PTO is prolink.intuit.com whereas it is link.intuit.com for everyone else.

In practice, what this means is that you will need to send brand new invitations (with new tokens) to your existing clients who will log into the legacy portal once you move onto PS (i.e. link.intuit.com).

[Edit: I meant to say "Unofficially" instead of "Officially"]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

Yes I did have to resend invites as they updated/changed the interface of Link for PS instead of PTO. Also, you are so awesome, thank you, I am going to call and try to make this happen over the next week/two weeks before tax season. Thank you! I see your posts on here often, very helpful. Much appreciated. 

itonewbie
Level 15

NP at all, @Marchman Accounting.. Cheers!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers

Cheers!

0 Cheers