Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Professional 2020 no longer opens

DBS
Level 2

Until about 2 weeks ago, ProSeries 2020 was working pretty well. It crashed on occasion as I input data, but I could start it again and it worked fine. One day I tried to open it and Windows informed me that the shortcut I was using no longer had a program attached to it. I redownloaded the installer and attempted to install the app again.  My antivirus stopped it at install.exe, so I shut off the antivirus to complete the installation. Now, however the program barely makes it past the splash page before shutting down, whether or not I am connected to the internet, whether or not I run the antivirus. 

Any suggestions? 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've repaired. I tried safe mode. I'm using Windows 10 on a BootCamp Mac. Everything s updated.  Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
PATAX
Level 15

Wow that is terrible especially at this time of the year during tax season. Try searching this forum over and over by typing in different keywords related to your situation and hopefully you will find a solution. Good luck.

0 Cheers
DBS
Level 2

UPDATE:

I purchased a new computer where ProSeries worked fine.  I then migrated my old info.  Big mistake.  However, now I get a message: Pro Series Access Rights requires an important file that is missing, corrupt, or has been modified. Please contact ProSeries Technical Support at..."

0 Cheers