Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Performance

Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

This is an open question: If you were able to ask the ProSeries Engineering something to speed up, that was in their ability to do so, what would it be? It doesn't have to even be how fast the software works, it can also be how something is done or a workflow that would be more efficient. (wink, it's possible that someone here would be able to make it happen).

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
Tax-Time
Level 3

Add two custom fields to the generic municipal return for the state of Ohio, credit rate and credit limit.  This would change performance to be similar to the RITA tax return and would save a lot of manual adjustment!

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Autopopulate the SDR for the Ohio SD100 refund on the Federal Carryover Worksheet so there is no red flag the following year on the 1099G Worksheet, eliminating the extra step of data entering it myself for every client.

Autopopulate the Spouses's Social Security on the Ohio Information Worksheet for Married Filing Separately returns. Currently it does not show an error if manually entered incorrectly on the worksheet or in the review process. Lots of room for error.

I have more ideas but I'm a little busy at the moment. Thank you.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It would be nice to not have to print to pdf to get my MN business returns to print cleanly.  (you did say anything 😅 - but thanks for listening and working on the problem)

Maybe it's fixed this year, but it would be nice to have the auto-fill feature work consistently.  It seems that the software has a bit of dementia at times while typing names for schedule B or D entries for example - sometimes it remembers and sometimes it don't.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
  1. For this specific year ... be able to take a 7202 and 8915-E and click one button to attach it as a PDF.  Needing to "print" it as a PDF (and name the file), then attach it as a separate step is rather cumbersome.
  2. Have somebody actually READ all of the suggestions on the suggestion page, and consider implementing them even if there are not a billion votes for it.  There could be some suggestions that are easy to implement.  As it is now, that suggestion page is pretty much useless.  Which leads me to ...
  3. A Basis statement.  Including a Basis statement on the 1040 is REQUIRED for MOST shareholders of S-corporations (and Partners too, I think).  Yet, there isn't a Basis worksheet in the 1040 software.  And to connect this thought to my first point ... have a one-button attach rather than needing to print it as a PDF then attaching it.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I didnt know we would get to  make a wish list!!

This one is easy, California 3rd party designee, it trasnfers the name over from federal, but I still have t type my first and last name again on the CA info worksheet, in the 2 boxes underneath it

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Hey, if Bill gets 3 wishes from the Genie,  I get at least one more.  How about a 2 year comparison for MN returns?

Slava Ukraini!
Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

This may come as a shock (or not) but me personally, I don't know what you're talking about when you say "suggestion page". Can you direct me to it? Keep in mind, I only work on the Engine team and many of your suggestions would not be handled in the Engine's realm of influence and expertise. However I can try to collate your suggestions so the various teams who would take care of your requests would be at least notified.

Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

I've collected everyone's suggestions. If you have more please don't think its shut out. I'll continue to collect.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Brian_Christian wrote:

This may come as a shock (or not) but me personally, I don't know what you're talking about when you say "suggestion page". Can you direct me to it? 

That is one major reason why Intuit is broken.  Management sets up things and doesn't tell the actual people who do the work (such as you) about it.

Here is the the ProSeries "suggestion" page, which has over 300 suggestions.  I realize that many of them are not applicable to what you are looking for, but this is the central page where ProSeries users are supposed to enter any suggestions for improvements.  Unfortunately, it is pretty much useless because it has always been ignored (this is the 'new' one; the old one had thousands of suggestions, of which they said FOUR were implemented over a period of about 6 years).  Now it seems like it may have been ignored because the stupid management doesn't actually follow though on things by telling the Intuit employees about it.

Anyways, here is the link, and we GREATLY appreciate your efforts to help.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

@TaxGuyBill Thanks for the link. I'll definitely cruz the list. FYI, at first glance #8 down was just implemented 2 releases ago so it does seem that somebody is looking and taking it seriously. Sorry if it seems like nobody is listening. Maybe efforts like this community and with others on my team interacting directly with you, it will improve. 

dkh
Level 15

My wish is to have the ability to efile ALL amended tax returns.  Intuit seems to have a weird and frustrating restriction that only returns that were originally efiled by the preparer are allowed.

Make my wish come true @Brian_Christian  and you will make many many many ProSeries users happy

TAXOH
Level 11

Great wish!  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Looks like this place is turning into the Make A Wish Foundation 😉

Slava Ukraini!
Ernie
Level 9

One that is MAJOR pain for those of use who do data entry on 1099-R when you use the arrow keys the cursor goes to fields that do no apply to the form you are filling out.  I used to be a programmer and this is not hard to fix but NO ONE wants to take any time.  I worked with numerous people at INTUIT who design the changes and they say the programmer won't change it.  What type of company allows a programmer to decided what changes are to be made especially one that is an easy fix.  I have fixed errors like this numerous times.

Dusty Ernie

taxes
Level 3

I wish the printer option settings could be somehow saved from year to year so we did not have to go through the cumbersome, time consuming task of removing forms to print each year. Or if there was a search bar to find a form (or more likely a worksheet or support schedule) that we wanted to change to "Never" print. This process currently takes a long time each year.