Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Organizers

Level 3

Is anyone else having problems with ProSeries poorly designed Organizers? They have not spent any time improving these in over a decade. With Tax Reform, I have a lot of clients who need the longer Organizer for all their income items, but only need the short Organizer page for Itemized deductions. It is a total waste of paper to print the long Itemized Deductions pages for many clients now. In addition, I hate the order that these Organizers print in. I like the "Documents to Send to Preparer" to be the first page on the top, but even after manually changing the print order to put it first, it's still printing at the end. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
RicB
Level 2

I have the same problem with bringing the "Tax Documents" page to the front.  Can anyone at Proseries respond?

0 Cheers
Level 3

I finally called Tech Support about this and other issues. They said that changing the print order only changes it on the long organizer. The short organizer prints the same no matter what you do. These Organizers really need an update. The W2 and 1099-R pages could be laid out much better to eliminate some of those questions below that no one ever uses. There should be 1 page that lists the W2's and 1099-R's along with the prior year amounts for comparison even on the long organizer. Especially with Tax Reform there should be an option to print long organizers with a 1 or 2 page condensed itemized deduction page instead of 6. One whole organizer page prints out for 1 Mortgage Form 1098. I could use the short organizer for a lot of clients except they have too many 1099-INT and 1099-DIV statements and the short organizer does not have the nice columns to break down Ordinary, Qualified, CGD, etc. The long organizer is overly long and the short is too short for many clients. 

RicB
Level 2

I agree with your comments.  Not having the functionality of changing the print order on Short Organizers is lame.  In light of the simplification brought about by the Jobs Act, it seems like a makeover of the Organizer is in order.  But for the health insurance page, it hasn't changed much in 15 years or more.

The "Tax Documents to Send to Preparer" is the most useful document in the Organizer module; a short sweet checklist.  Why hide it at the bottom?

jeffrey
Level 5

Yes, the organizers are terrible. They should be vastly improved.  I am currently having a problem printing the long organizer.

Allowing us to send them to client via email would be great.

Allowing them to be fillable and then return by email would be great.

Updating to current tax law would be great.

Jammessie
Level 1

Also...could we please get organizers that are fillable PDF's? Half of our clients don't even own printers anymore and now with Covid-19 cautions, more people are wanting to do things digitally than ever before.  

0 Cheers
Level 3

Not only should the Organizers be fillable, they need to be completely revamped. Intuit has not changed or upgraded these in years. The long version is unbearably long for most clients especially since many can no longer itemize. The short version could be used for many clients if it had a little more room for Interest and Dividends and the option to print the longer questionnaire pages instead of the 1 page short version. It takes twice the time to send to clients every year than it should because for many I have to print the long version for the Question pages and income, the short pages for Itemized deductions and then throw away a lot of unused pages. How about devoting a little more time to your Professional CPA clients instead of putting all your R&D into TurboTax and your advertising dollars telling people they no longer need a CPA. Is anyone else extremely annoyed by this?