Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Mississippi corporate returns

CStanford
Level 3

Has anybody heard whether ProSeries will have MS corporate return functionality for 2020 returns?

Thanks in advance...

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Bookmark this link https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

Learn how to Click around > Tax Product Family has a dropdown > Pick CORPORATION = 1120 & States

Scroll down to MS and click the V to expose release dates AND where you can click "Form Info" to find out about specific forms for that state. 

According to this info page, it is out, but that has been known to be wrong or the release that is out is not really functional. The form info would lead me to think 1/29/2021 is the target date for functional. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
CStanford
Level 3

I should have been more specific -- the software will prepare a MS corporate return but in past years it could not be e-filed.  Does anybody know if this has, or will be, rectified in the current year?

In my "clicking around" at the link provided I don't see this issue specifically addressed.

At this point, why would there be any state's corporate return that couldn't be e-filed through ProSeries?  I'd like to understand the logic, so that I can move up to another package this year if necessary.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Did you look where I pointed you? I thought I did everything except put the bait on the hook!

Capture.JPG

CStanford
Level 3

Look a-hole, do you see the ones that say "not allowed?"

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

It does not appear that any software is yet listed on the MS site https://www.dor.ms.gov/Business/Pages/Corporate-Income.aspx

To the best of my limited knowledge of MS Corporation filing, MS 83-105 is the primary form and it is shown as 1/29/2021 as EF allowed. If this is not what you intended, I guess I misinterpreted. 

I am truly sorry that you felt you need to feel offended. 💋

itonewbie
Level 15

@CStanford wrote:

Look a-hole, do you see the ones that say "not allowed?"

@CStanford  No need to call names or use profanity here even if you're not happy with a response.  We are all volunteers.  Cordiality is expected and appreciated.

George is not responsible for looking things up for you or anyone and has given you the correct link so that you can check things out yourself.  He never even hinted one bit that EF is allowed or not.

Thank you for being generous and giving one Cheer out of all the responses you received for the various questions you have raised in this Community.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers