Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries - Linking assets to different activity

sanjit
Level 1

Is it possible to link depreciable assets from main business activity to 8825

Corporation ended operations as gas station and has now rented the facility to someone else. Therefore I need to link depreciation to Form 8825 instead of Line 21 on 1120s pg1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Accountant-Man
Level 12

You can change the activity on the asset worksheet, but only for the entire year per asset.

While on the asset worksheet, Forms/Change Activity

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
sanjit
Level 1

thanks

0 Cheers
GlennVWilson
Level 1

Took me long time to get to asset entry list. Now there's no change of activity anywhere in sight.  Please please people when giving instructions start from the main screen followed by which precise icon to click followed by the next precise icon or thing to find etc. I need to change the asset activity for a building that was posted to the wrong schedule for you last year. Thanks so much I appreciate your good intentions but remember map it out like you're talking to someone who's never seen this computer screen before.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

sanjit understood. @GlennVWilson Why don't you start a new thread for your question? You can include that you are not experienced with the software.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If youre on the asset entry worksheet, up on the top menu bar, click Forms > Change Activity

(this is for ProSeries)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@GlennVWilson  does this help?

changeactivity.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
me112233
Level 4

Proseries won't permit a change from Form 2106 to Schedule F.   Frustrating.

0 Cheers