Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Installer Error (Basic Version)

RLCTriad
Level 3

Attempting to install via ProSeries Installer the 2020 version from the 2019 version. Receiving this error message -

vcredist_x86.exe returned error code 4333052

Check your internet connection and try again

Machine is connected to the internet. Tried multiple times including via a download from the ProSeries website logged onto my account. Researching the error code on the support website returns zero answers.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. I think it's trying to download and install the following Microsoft Library Installer:

https://ftpfp.proseries.com/pub/proseries/prerequisite/vc_redist.x86.14.24.28127.4.exe

Could you try manually downloading that, and then run it? Hopefully you'll be able to directly download it and run, which will hopefully make the installer happy. After you do that, run the ProSeries installer.

Alternatively.. if you get the CD it's supposed to load that file direct from the CD.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
TigerCard55
Level 2

Hi.  I had this error this week too.  I was trying to download directly to our server for the Pro network version.

I had good internet connections otherwise.  I then tried to download using my pc (as the Admin station) to the server.  It worked then.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
RLCTriad
Level 3

Per a couple of the suggestions, I downloaded the executable again and installed the file using Administrative Rights. Still get the same error message.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. I think it's trying to download and install the following Microsoft Library Installer:

https://ftpfp.proseries.com/pub/proseries/prerequisite/vc_redist.x86.14.24.28127.4.exe

Could you try manually downloading that, and then run it? Hopefully you'll be able to directly download it and run, which will hopefully make the installer happy. After you do that, run the ProSeries installer.

Alternatively.. if you get the CD it's supposed to load that file direct from the CD.

RLCTriad
Level 3

Orlando's solution has solved the problem.  Thank you!

0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5

Similar issue.  Professional 2020 installed fine.  Basic keeps failing "network" error?  Tried downloading from my account online and upgrading through the software but neither method allowed the program to install.  Am I missing something or is this an issue?

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for the frustration.

At what point are you getting a "Network" error? When you try to download from 2019 and/or MyAccount? Or after you download and you run the installer?

If it's when you download from the product / MyAccount, can you try our direct link for basic?

https://ftpfp.proseries.com/pub/proseries/2020/BasicInstallerTY20.exe

If it's when you run the installer, does it happen immediately right at the start or at the end after you've selected your states?

If possible a screenshot would help diagnose, or detail on the exact message being shown and where it's being shown.

0 Cheers