Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proseries error " lock by another user"

Rikrdo
Level 2

on Pro series 2020 where is the home-base tuneup, this use to fix the problem with error " client lock by another user" issue. I have tried the home-base maintenance but no luck, is there a solution to this????

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Using Windows Task Manage to ensure ProSeries is completely close. Turn on "Show hidden files..." from Windows Explorer, View, Options

explorer_cHXdmVQdc2.png

With the setting on, you should be able to find the locked file as shown in the image, delete it, then you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If a good old fashioned reboot doesnt cure what ails ya, you can try the suggestions here

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/save-data-file/help/this-file-is-currently-locked-by-another...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Rikrdo
Level 2

I did twice , same problem

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Then go with plan B and look at Lisa's link.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

@George4Tacks  - I see that Intuit has received reports of people having seizures after viewing your avatar.  Have they contacted you about that yet?

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

Amy commented, but I fear she is no longer with us. I certainly would adjust my behavior if I were informed of any adverse affects on any person. I mean no harm, only just havin' a bit of a lark. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, it does give me something to do when I get bored.  I just open up one of your posts and stare at it intently ----------------------- kinda like staring into a washing machine that has one of those round windows on its door 😀

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Do you have Network or Standalone installation?

0 Cheers
Rikrdo
Level 2

I have a Standalone installation, this error also happen twice and it happens when I have a file open and the program shut down for some reason, and it take a around half hour before a can open that file again.

Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Using Windows Task Manage to ensure ProSeries is completely close. Turn on "Show hidden files..." from Windows Explorer, View, Options

explorer_cHXdmVQdc2.png

With the setting on, you should be able to find the locked file as shown in the image, delete it, then you should be good to go.

0 Cheers
Rikrdo
Level 2

I know now how to fix the issue with client being locked, now this happens when I try to print the program shuts down and when I restart the program the client I was working on is locked.

this issue has happen 6 times, no issues with previous years of pro series only 2020.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

In order to assist you further, could you please provide these information?

- Are you able to reproduce it easily?

- Did you try to print to PDF or physical printer, and what the brand/model of the printer?

- Could you please sanitize the return, and send it to ProSeries_Engineering@intuit.com, you can copy & paste the URL of this thread into the email's body for reference?

- If you don't know how to create sanitize return, please let us know which formsets you are having, e.g. 1065, CA, etc.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

0 Cheers