Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries demanding bank to e-file info even when direct deposit checked "no"

jpmh
Level 3

I'm trying to e-file a clients return that was extended for 2021. They are due a refund, but do not want direct deposit.

I have the direct deposit box checked as "no" on the information page, but ProSeries is demanding the account information in spite of this to allow e-filing.

I've updated the program to the latest version and the problem continues. I have a small practice and this is the first return I've processed since April. I had no problems like this for similar returns in April. Is the 

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No banking info entered either? You shouldnt need to check any boxes if no banking info is entered...be sure you dont have any ghost spaces (blank space bar spaces) in the routing or account number lines. 

Make sure you dont have an estimated payments with boxes checked as scheduled for direct debit either or I think it will holler for banking info.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No banking info entered either? You shouldnt need to check any boxes if no banking info is entered...be sure you dont have any ghost spaces (blank space bar spaces) in the routing or account number lines. 

Make sure you dont have an estimated payments with boxes checked as scheduled for direct debit either or I think it will holler for banking info.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jpmh
Level 3

Thank you so much. You nailed it.

I did have an estimated payment checked for funds withdrawal. It was clearly an accidental "fumble fingers" entry and I never would have found it on my own.

Thanks again You rock!