Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Cancellation Policy

stuartkatzcpa
Level 2

I have used Proseries Basic for about 25 years. It has served me well for many years but I have recently outgrown the product and made the decision to switch to another vendor. I had renewed my  Proseries Subscription on line on 09/29/2021 in order  to take advantage of the discount. In mid November I called the sales department and was told that cancellation and a refund were possible but was not advised of the date that it had to be done. When I called back and tried to cancel on December 3rd, I was told that I was beyond the cancellation date which is within 5 business days of product licensing. I'm not sure what that means. I have not downloaded the product. The representative I spoke to on December 3rd refused to cancel and issue a refund on my credit card. I asked her to escalate this matter to her supervisor. Her supervisor got back to me within the promised time of 24-48 hours by phone but he also  refused the cancellation/refund. I asked to be put in contact with his superior but he told me that he had final say on this matter. 

I feel that Intuit is holding me hostage. Any suggestions for how to resolver? 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Here are their rules, and their rules suck.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/proseries-cancellation-refund-and-upgrade-re...

Here are the Intuit chief cheeses.  E-mail, phone, drive to their offices, whatever it takes.  I can understand if you have downloaded the product there would be no going back, but if you never downloaded the product, it would suck if you can't get a refund.  As a side note, you have my permission to use colorful language when you are dealing with them if they refuse to give you any sort of refund.

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

Here are their rules, and their rules suck.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/proseries-cancellation-refund-and-upgrade-re...

Here are the Intuit chief cheeses.  E-mail, phone, drive to their offices, whatever it takes.  I can understand if you have downloaded the product there would be no going back, but if you never downloaded the product, it would suck if you can't get a refund.  As a side note, you have my permission to use colorful language when you are dealing with them if they refuse to give you any sort of refund.

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im not sure why you renewed if you were still shopping for a different product, but sounds like since you waited until after the 2021 product was released (which was early November), you missed the refund window.

At any rate, we're all just other users here, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

But that's stupid.  That's like going online and ordering Turbo Man for the drive up pickup at Target for your kid for Christmas.  You then realize your spouse already bought the kid one so you tell Target that you want a refund because you no longer need it.  Target tells you tough luck, we have it on our store shelves so you bought it.  We don't care if you actually pick it up, you bought it.  Thank you for shopping at Target.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I agree with Jeff - but first call your credit card and dispute the change.  Then email every Intuit executive, repeatedly if necessary.  In the email you are welcome to let the executives know that if a refund is not PROMPTLY issued, you will be visiting every tax forum and every tax Facebook group to let as many tax professionals know what a rotten company that Intuit is.

stuartkatzcpa
Level 2

I did do that today. The bank was helpful and said that they would initiate a dispute with Mastercard and then Mastercard would then take it up with the merchant. 

stuartkatzcpa
Level 2

Great suggestion. Will see what credit card dispute process leads to first before I start emailing. 

BobKamman
Level 15

No, it's nothing like buying a TurboMan at Target.  Software is like what the call girl said about her work:  "You sell it, and you still have it!"

And if you have a credit card dispute, don't call the bank.  The trouble started when you called Intuit, and now you can't document what you said, they said.  Submit the dispute in writing (online with an acknowledgment counts).  

mdtao31
Level 7

AS I HAVE SAID A ZILLION TIMES BEFORE!!!!PROSERIES SUCKS CAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY BUT ITS STILL THE BEST SOFTWARE
REGARDS LARRY
STAY SAFE

PATAX
Level 15

In my humble opinion the gentleman should be given a full refund ... This is absolutely ridiculous... Obviously he has not prepared one single return so he has not used the software for its intended purpose... This is absurd ... What if someone paid for the software and died in December? Would that money be forfeited? ...Come on man... Intuit has to do what is right... this is not honorable in my opinion.... Good luck brother Stuart.....

BobKamman
Level 15

If it's all about the money, I think they are fulfilling their mission.  INTU share price on 12/9/20:  $364.18.  INTU share price today:  $673.66.