Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Basic with 20 1040 returns

linhtrancpa
Level 2

I'm new to ProSeries this year, I bought the ProSeries Basic with 20 1040 returns. I prepared the first return (my own), but it's asking for the pay per return price when i wanted to print the return. How do i get the credit for the 20 returns?  Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
linhtrancpa
Level 2

Thank you all for your help. The Xfinity fix didn't solve the problem, but it gave me an idea, i turned off the McAffee fire wall and voila, I was able to install the 2020 basis version

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Go to the top "Tools" menu, then "License".

In most cases, that will do it.

linhtrancpa
Level 2

Thank you. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, and I've been dealing with bad customer service for 2 hours this morning and still waiting on the phone. I'm baffled with the level of customer service i'm getting. I wonder if it's because i'm a new customer and the fact that I'm not big enough for them to care?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You picked the wrong time to call.  Calling support requires a lot of patience, but even more so on a Monday morning.  Support was closed yesterday so you have a bunch of folks standing in line this morning.  Normally Bill's suggestion takes care of your issue, but your issue seems to be popping up quite frequently this year and you are stuck making the call.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Have you double checked that you downloaded Basic, rather than Professional?

It lets you download Professional for free, but it is used on a Pay-Per-Return basis, so if you accidentally downloaded Professional rather than Basic, that is the problem.

Otherwise, you may be stuck on hold for a long time with Customer "Support".

IRonMaN
Level 15

But this issue has been popping up fairly frequently this year.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
linhtrancpa
Level 2

That was the problem, however, for some reasons I was (and still am) not able to download their basis version and they're not able to help (when i clicked on download, it gave me an error message). THis is so frustrating 😞

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@Orlando 

Orlando is really helpful and he might be able to help. 

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for the frustration.  The direct url for the basic download is this:

https://ftpfp.proseries.com/pub/proseries/2020/BasicInstallerTY20.exe

Try that.. i'm a bit worried you'll run into whatever error you were getting otherwise. If you do, let me know exactly what error you are seeing, where. Screenshots work best, if possible.

linhtrancpa
Level 2

Thank you Orlando. THis is the error message i got:2021-02-15.png

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Are you a comcast/xfinity customer? That's giving us fits.

Some combination of the following might work.. it has for others.

1) Turning off protected browsing. 

To disable this setting, go to the XFINITY xFi app or xfinity.com/myxfi and navigate to Advanced Settings then Protected Browsing."

2) Turning off 'Xfinity HotSpot'

3) Someone did this: Xfinity has an instruction on how to disable it.  1) Need to sign in to your xfinity account. 2) Select xfinity xFi from your services . 3) On next screen select 'More' on the upper right hand corner of the screen. 4) Next screen shows More Options, select 'My services'.  5) the next screen will give you the option to turn off /on Advanced Security.

linhtrancpa
Level 2

Thank you all for your help. The Xfinity fix didn't solve the problem, but it gave me an idea, i turned off the McAffee fire wall and voila, I was able to install the 2020 basis version

0 Cheers