Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proseries 2020 will not download, download stalls and quits after starting

TonyPetzoldt
Level 1

Has anyone had issues with downloading the 2020 version of ProSeries?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

16 Comments 16
PATAX
Level 15

You may want to request the 2020 disk and try to download from this. The updates are also taking too much time to download.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Do you get any error messages? 

Make sure Win10 is completely updated, shut off your anti-virus, if youre downloading from the 2019 link to download the next years product, try doing it directly from your online Intuit account instead.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
KkellyEA
Level 2

I tried to install it both from Pro19 and from Intuit.  I've run the .NET fixes.  So far no go.  I DO finally at least have a ProWin20 folder, so one attempt got that far.  I've tried at least 6 or 7 times this month alone to download.  Still keep getting that Entitlement Client error 1603.  Still working on trying to get it all downloaded, installed and working....

0 Cheers
KkellyEA
Level 2

I've tried both.  I've tried every fix listed.  Still won't.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Orlando   any words of wisdom for this customer?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
KkellyEA
Level 2

So I just got off the phone with Intuit.  They tell everyone that they must talk to an IT person, it is a Microsoft issue.  Since I don't have an IT person,....looking for one right now.   Tried going through Microsoft website, but they send me to Just Answers for $1 .....

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Good luck. I hope it works out for you. Maybe Pro Series will issue an update soon to address this issue.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'll follow up with the customer directly to see if we can troubleshoot. Unfortunately 1603s are pretty generic... it looks like a number of things could cause it. We're using Microsoft Installer technology to install a shared Intuit Library at the end of our install process.  That's failing for some reason.. hopefully we can try to run that installer directly to see if we can look at a log file.

Bert34
Level 2

Can you go to C:\ProWin20\msiupdates and double click on the file in there. Take the defaults do you still get the 1603 error?

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

I installed 2020 Proseries from the disk.  However, I'm having problems updating both 2020 and 2019.  I get stuck at initializing connection.  Updating has worked before--this only happened within the last few weeks.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Just to confirm, that machine otherwise can access the internet with no problem? Are you able to access other internet links from ProSeries.. for example, if you go to Help -> Online -> Anything it launches a browser and brings up the sight? And you are able to sign in online?

To help with troubleshooting, Can you try the following?

1. Go to your ProSeries installation directory, and open \32bit\protax20.exe.config in Notepad or Word

2. Change<level value="INFO" /> to<level value="DEBUG" />, save and try updating again. This just generates more log information we can use to troubleshoot.

3. Mail the following files to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

C:\ProWin20\32bit\Logs\proseries.txt

C:\ProWin20\appdata\updateLog.txt

Hopefully one of those files will give us a clue as to what is not working.

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

I sent the files to the email address you gave me.  Thank you for your help.

0 Cheers
jhartwv
Level 3
I've had nothing but issues when down loading this year's software and I've been using it for over 20 years. I solve 1 problem and I've got 3 more. The main problem appears to be that the firewall programs are blocking many of the files. Check your anti-virus software to see if they have stopped any of the Proseries files.
jhartwv
Level 3

I've had nothing but issues when down loading this year's software and I've been using it for over 20 years. I solve 1 problem and I've got 3 more. The main problem appears to be that the firewall programs are blocking many of the files. Check your anti-virus software to see if they have stopped any of the Proseries files.

linda2
Level 5

It seems to be our firewall that is blocking it for some reason.  I'm not sure why it started all of a sudden.  Thanks for your input.

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

Our firewall blocked the Proseries site for some reason.  I had to contact the firewall tech support who walked me through how to allow access to the site.  He wasn't sure why it was blocking it all of a sudden.  Once we made the change, I was able to download the updates.

0 Cheers