Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2020 - system crashes when I send client checklist. It appears this has happened in prior years

hallett
Level 1

Proseries 2020 - system crashes when I send client checklist. It appears this has happened in prior years. The email is received by the client. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Can you go to 32bit/logs in your installation directory and send proseries.txt to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?

Also, when it crashes do you get a dialog where you can add details? If so if you see the crash again can you add "for orlando, from hallet" in the description so I can correlate the submission with this scenario?

0 Cheers
hallett
Level 1

yes I will send you an email with txt. logs

Thank you

0 Cheers
fred2020
Level 1

Proseries 2020 is not starting and 2018 is not working either.

please   call me at [ph# removed] or email me at [email address removed]

0 Cheers
fred2020
Level 1

please text or call [ph# removed]. thank you.

0 Cheers
fred2020
Level 1

i do not know how. please call me to discuss. thank you.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Sounds like your updates might be out of sync. I recommend going to your Start Menu and Choosing ProSeries 2020 -> Tools Repair Updates.

If your system still is still unable to startup after that, please email [installation directory]\32bit\proseries.txt and [installation directory]\appData\updateLog.txt to proseries_engineering@intuit.com.  If you're not sure how to do that or prefer working with someone, please call into customer support - they have the tools available to them to see what's going on and attempt to remediate.

If you can run ProSeries after that but Email Client Checklist still crashes, please enter "From Fred2020" in the crash dialog, along with what email client is your default.  if it's something like Thunderbird 64 bit, go into Tools -> Options -> General and select "64 bit email client". Then try again.

0 Cheers
Tax7
Level 2

I am having the same problem. Every time I try to request the "Client check list" the system crashes and closes. Thank you.

0 Cheers