Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proseries 2020 professional

michaeltoohill
Level 1

program  protax 2020 will not start up

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Is the battery dead?  You don't give anything in way of details so try going to the start button on your computer.  Click on it and then select ProSeries.  Click on "repair updates".  See if that does anything for you.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may want to start from the beginning....

Did you download and install previously and everything worked as expected,  now suddenly it doesn't?

Or what was the order of events that youve gone through up to this point?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Also, go to your installation directory, look in /32bit and make sure you have these two files:

2021-01-16_12-49-26.png

if you don't, double check any anti-virus programs like AVG. This happened to someone yesterday - it quarantined protax20.exe and it just wouldn't run until the user went into their AVG Admin Panel and listed the ProSeries directory in the "Exceptions" panel.

0 Cheers
michaeltoohill
Level 1

your comments are not helpful

0 Cheers
michaeltoohill
Level 1

Solved my own problem. Configured  Win 10  pro to allow protax2020.exe, then completely uninstalled the program and reinstalled.

end of issue

0 Cheers
jsmliu2003
Level 1

Michael,

I run into the same problem with Proseries 2020.  After I installed the program, It said Windows searching Protax20.exe.  Can you please tell me how to Configured Win 10 Pro to allow Protax2020.exe?  I have called technical supports three times and still didn't fix the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Jimmy

0 Cheers
michaeltoohill
Level 1

1. go to settings

2. update and security

3. windows security

4. firewall, select allow an app through firewall 

5 then click change settings, allow another app: this app: C:\ProWin20\32bit\protax20.exe

0 Cheers