Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proseries 2020 crashes and will not allow quickbooks to import tax data

lfcpa
Level 3

I have been experiencing a large amount of issues with Proseries this year. (Proseries 2020- Network addition)

1. I have issues with it crashing throughout the day.
  2. I no longer can import or update the tax return with the financial information from Quickbooks. Prior Year Proseries works great. This started with 2020.
  3. Program freezes often.

Anyone else having these issues?

14 Comments 14
SeanS
Level 3

Having same problem

lfcpa
Level 3

Have you found a solution to the Crashing issue within Proseries?

Intuit has failed to respond to my questions.

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

A program update was released on Wednesday, the 22nd, that should resolve the program crashes. 

Please run program updates and let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

- Angela

0 Cheers
SeanS
Level 3

Angela- Expert Employee

No - problem not resolved

When opening proseries 2020 with QuickBooks 2020 already opened

Error:  INDEX WAS OUTSIDE THE BOUNDS OF ARRAY

SeanS

0 Cheers
Dafydd
Employee
Employee

Hi Sean, 

This looks like a different (perhaps related) problem from the initial problem reported. Can you post a screen shot of of the "INDEX WAS OUTSIDE THE BOUNDS OF ARRAY"?  

Also, what version of QB (Premier, Pro, Enterprise, etc.) and year are you using?

As a work around for now, can you open ProSeries and then QB, or do you get the same behavior?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Cheers
SeanS
Level 3

Hello Andrew,

Workaround did not work - program crashes when "calculating"  or when trying to open program when QuickBooks is open 

You are welcome to "log in" to my computer

Sean

0 Cheers
SeanS
Level 3

Andrew - Call me 

[removed]

0 Cheers
SeanS
Level 3

Screenshot (6).png

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@SeanS   I would proceed with caution working with "Andrew" .    Intuit employees - have an Avatar indicating just that.   Andrew DOES NOT.     

Also - posting your phone number is asking for trouble.  

Lets ask @IntuitAngela_13 ....... Is Dafydd  an Intuit employee ???  

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Yes, Dafydd is an Intuit employee. 

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Hi Sean,

In order to resolve the  INDEX WAS OUTSIDE THE BOUNDS OF ARRAY error, please delete the customviews.xml file from the C:\ProWin20\homebase directory and then try re-launching ProSeries again.

- Angela

0 Cheers
SeanS
Level 3

Angela

Did not work

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Sean,

Please e-mail the files located in C:\ProWin20\32bit\logs and C:\ProWin20\HomeBase to proseries_engineering@intuit.com so our team can further investigate your issue.

- Angela

0 Cheers
SeanS
Level 3

Angela,

Please contact me - Having problems sending files

Sean

0 Cheers