Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries 2020 client installs fail, error 25

tsiedsma
Level 2

I'm working with a customer at their office, they have ProSeries 2020 installed on a workstation and it works great.  Trying to install the network client on different computers fails.  I mapped the network share as a drive on the workstation (P:) in this case, it maps to \\computer\ProSeries\ and I run the installer from P:\pronet20\wkstn\setup.exe.

The installation gets to file 31 or 49 and fails with an error 25.  I've found no information about this error, my customer called support and they said it's a Windows issue which is obviously a copout.  This error happens on two different workstations.

I copied the ProWin20 folder from the c:\ drive of the "server" workstation and updated the config to point to P:\ instead of C:\, set the workstation ID and defined the "server" name as well.  ProSeries opens just fine but cannot see recently added customers and only one computer at a time can open the database as the other will lockup with a "Retry" message.

Has anyone had issues installing a client workstation?  While it may not be recommended, is there a manual way of doing this?  Even copying the ProNet folder to the workstation and running setup that way fails so it's not likely a network issue.  Tried over wifi and ethernet so it's not a wifi issue either.

Networking in Windows 10 is set to Private and file sharing works great.  Intuit support has not been helpful and my customer needs this to work and I'd love to get this fixed.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nobles
Employee
Employee

Error 25 typically indicates that you have a bad patch file. It may have become corrupted at some point. Please try doing the following to see if it fixes the issue:

1. Rename your Inst folder that's located in your wkstn folder (in your case P:\pronet20\wkstn\Inst) to something like Inst_backup
  2. On the admin machine, re-run the installer that you used to install the admin machine (Note: You do not need to uninstall ProSeries to do this)
  3. Once that completes, you should see a new Inst folder created in your wkstn folder
  4. Try running the workstation installer (P:\pronet20\wkstn\setup.exe) on your workstation machine

If you're comfortable trying those steps, please give that a shot and let me know how it goes. If you still have trouble, please send me an email at ProSeries_Engineering@intuit.com and put "attn Nobles" in the subject line.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Nobles
Employee
Employee

Error 25 typically indicates that you have a bad patch file. It may have become corrupted at some point. Please try doing the following to see if it fixes the issue:

1. Rename your Inst folder that's located in your wkstn folder (in your case P:\pronet20\wkstn\Inst) to something like Inst_backup
  2. On the admin machine, re-run the installer that you used to install the admin machine (Note: You do not need to uninstall ProSeries to do this)
  3. Once that completes, you should see a new Inst folder created in your wkstn folder
  4. Try running the workstation installer (P:\pronet20\wkstn\setup.exe) on your workstation machine

If you're comfortable trying those steps, please give that a shot and let me know how it goes. If you still have trouble, please send me an email at ProSeries_Engineering@intuit.com and put "attn Nobles" in the subject line.

tsiedsma
Level 2

Thank you for the prompt reply, we'll give that a try and report the results.

0 Cheers
tsiedsma
Level 2

Thank you so much, this solution solved my issue.

I'm glad this is now documented for future users with the same issue.

Please also help educate your telephone support staff, nothing reflects worse on a company than when their support staff shifts blame elsewhere when it's not justified.  

Nobles
Employee
Employee

That's great! Glad it was able fix your issue 🙂

I'll be sure to share the solution with the support staff so they'll know what to do if anyone else runs into the same trouble.

Thanks for confirming it solved your problem!

0 Cheers