Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2019 and Zoomtext 2020,

bunnybook
Level 3

Well No Location for this topic?

Running Windows 10, 16 GIG of RAM.

Have Zoomtext 2020 going (for visually impaired) and then loading Proseries 2019.

Everything works fine until I go to print a Return, it hangs and crashes or I have

to close it all up. Then Exit out of Zoomtext 2020 and get back into

Proseries 2019 to get it working.

Any knowledgeable people who might help with this?

Thanks! 

VERY IMPORTANT!! to get it all working

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bunnybook
Level 3

Still A NO GO work around!

When I go into the program one of the main Hang Ups is when trying to Print (no matter what, if you need to print, you have to go through the Print Dialogs.

You know this is REALLY Unprofessional of INTUIT! Programs/Printers should work with many

products/apps. Example : ZOOMTEXT should WORK with Proseries 2019.

Please get better PROGRAMMERS!

Bunny

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not familiar with ZoomText at all, its possible that they just dont play well together.   

Lets see if we can get more info @IntuitAustin  or @AshleyatIntuit   are either of you familiar with this software combination?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
bunnybook
Level 3

Thanks for replying. Probably most here are not familiar with Zoomtext. I already

contacted the People who own Zoomtext with no help. We can print in other software

applications with Zoomtext running and no problems.

I do have a small "Work Around" for this to help my mom who is Legally Blind. I can 

use the Windows 10 Magnifier tool Microsoft has included.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Will it let you Print to a PDF file? or does it give you problems that way as well?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
bunnybook
Level 3

No with Proseries 2019 and Zoomtext 2020 can't even save to PDF/Print To PDF!

AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Personally I have no experience with zoom text and how that interacts with proseries. And testing software with every possible program isn't possible. I can tell you that resolution settings alternate than just standard settings can cause various issues but not typically with printing. Does soon text control your PDF or physical printer? Maybe it's trying to access through that? Is there anything else like av running and trying to scan proseries? Because that is normally the cause of that particular behavior you describe.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@bunnybook I don't know the answer but another user on this forum who is also visually impaired may.  Let's see if @hillsboro15269 is able to shed some light on this subject.  Good luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
bunnybook
Level 3

thank you.

I will take any help much appreciated! to see if someone else can help

0 Cheers
ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

Sorry, I'm not impaired enough to require Zoomtext  (yet). I have just been using windows setting to blow it up. 

Off topic, I've noticed some years are better than others as far as text size. Strangely enough.

Hope you're able to find a more satisfactory work-around.

Stay safe, everyone!

qbteachmt
Level 15

I don't have ProSeries 2019, but I used to teach with QuickBooks and Zoom Text in a classroom environment. One thing I noticed is that programs still using the old-style "Windows XP pop up print or save dialog" (sorry, that's the best way I can describe it) would hang up on occasion, as well as "print to file" functions. What we typically did then, instead of using "save as pdf" was to Print to a virtual PDF printer, which removed that function from the control of the Program. The program wouldn't know this was not a regular printer, in other words. Windows 10 now has that function, but I used to install "CutePDF" printer for this reason.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
bunnybook
Level 3

Still A NO GO work around!

When I go into the program one of the main Hang Ups is when trying to Print (no matter what, if you need to print, you have to go through the Print Dialogs.

You know this is REALLY Unprofessional of INTUIT! Programs/Printers should work with many

products/apps. Example : ZOOMTEXT should WORK with Proseries 2019.

Please get better PROGRAMMERS!

Bunny

0 Cheers
bunnybook
Level 3

WELL OF course

NO SOLUTIONS!!! so

I will just be left to my own.

Thanks Community! no Thanks!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Thanks Community! no Thanks!"

As Peer users, we can only offer what we can offer. We don't control Intuit's hiring of programmers or their tech support. It's good to ask, in case another end user has the ability to help. It's fine to complain to Peer Users about something. It's not good to Complain About peer users. "no Thanks" to those who tried to help is a bit undeserved.

I would recommend you get involved in the Beta Testing next time:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/have-been-accepted-for-...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/9-3-19-alert-about-2019...

https://externaltesting.intuit.com/welcome/

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.