Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries - 2018 has updated for the extenders?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Just had another preparer in town call and says the 2018 program updated for the extenders...Ive already left the office.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
Camp1040
Level 10

My PS Basic 2018 extenders is not calculating MIP yet.  Line 8 is still reserved and grayed out.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I just updated Professional here at home, once it restarted it popped up with client queries for the extenders..I dont have any client files here at home to check though!

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I re-updated ( is that a word?) still no MIP calculation in PS Basic.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
bummer...looks like lacerte and PTO got updated some time ago, now Pro is updated, Basic cant be too far behind!

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

@Just-Lisa-Now-    Soooo, I refreshed the update to the update and yes, it is calculating MIP!!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Well the 2018 1040X in Professional has an issue...its got 2019 shown at the top of the form and you have to chose 2019 for it to work properly (if you click the 2018 box the refund meter doesnt reset and the 1040X doesnt pick up the changes)...so its NOT really ready to go.

Camp1040
Level 10

Same in basic, not working correctly. Form does not auto populate and does not show up in the print list if 2018 is selected.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im guessing maybe they know its not working right...or there would have been an announcement LOL

Camp1040
Level 10

Their sure isn't any rush to amend, since the IRS is not processing paper returns yet.

IRonMaN
Level 15

This is what happens when everybody rushes them to fix things 😬

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I didnt expect anything until after July 15th, hadnt seen anyone bugging about 2018 lately either. I was surprised when that other preparer called and mentioned that 2018 was updated.

0 Cheers