Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries 2009 and 2010: Printer not activated, error code -20

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

ProSeries 2009 and 2010

I have a request from a client for copies of 2009 and 2010 tax returns.  I can print to paper, but I want to print to pdf.  When I tried to print to pdf I got the following message:  Printer not activated, error code - 20

@IntuitAustin What is the fix for this ProSeries TY2009 and TY2010 error code?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Tools and Hubs seem to be all the rage at Intuit this year maybe this? 

PDF and Component Repair tools for Lacerte and ProSeries

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I doubt they support issues with versions that old....you can't just run it through a scanner and save as a pdf?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
User FIDO 61
Level 8

This might work. (Maybe?) Or some other Third-Party PDF go-between

The Bullzip PDF Printer works as a Microsoft Windows printer

Ten and eleven years after the fact? I'd probably do the same for my client, but technically what's the limitation of clients being able to come back to preparers for infinite copies of prior returns?

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@Just-Lisa-Now-   The returns are 100+ pages each, so pdf is the right choice.   I do not want to mail via USPS.  I do not own a scanner.  

It seems like this issue may be a MicroSoft 10 Windows Registry issue that an Intuit programmer could know how to repair?  I'm thinking Quick Books users would have encountered this same issue as they upgraded their computers.

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@User FIDO 61  I went into the ProSeries Printer Setup and changed the Tax Forms Printer setup to: Microsoft Print to PDF but that would not create one pdf file for the entire return.  It wanted to create one pdf file for each tax form (I find this really odd).  I do not really want to send 100+ pdf files to the client for one tax return.

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Tools and Hubs seem to be all the rage at Intuit this year maybe this? 

PDF and Component Repair tools for Lacerte and ProSeries

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Thank you for the link @User FIDO 61 . 

The  ProSeries PDF Repair tool is a solution to the problem.  However it is not ideal.  Instead of creating one pdf file for the entire return it creates a pdf file for each individual tax form within the return.  

0 Cheers