Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 19 crashing while deleting a client file

hlw
Level 1

Hello, I am having an issue with my program and am wondering if anyone is able to help. 

I have been tasked to delete several old clients from my Proseries 19. My process: select client on Homebase. Right click on client, click "Delete..." click "Yes" on the Confirm File Delete prompt. During this point, my program usually closes quickly without warning. 

What is going on?! Could someone tell me if there is a fix? I have too many clients to go through to run into this error repeatedly. 

Thanks! 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I use the same process without problem ProSeries Pro standalone. Try rebooting computer, and see if that works. Good luck

hlw
Level 1

Terry53029, I've already tried rebooting with no success. 

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for the frustration. I was not able to reproduce locally, which just means we need to dig in a bit to understand why this is happening on your machine.

Have you applied all updates to ProSeries 2019?

Are you on Network, Standalone Professional, or Basic?

Have you tried selecting multiple clients, and clicking "Yes All"?

When it crashes, do you get a dialog asking you to report the problem? If so, can you put a message "for orlando" in there so I can go in and dig into the details?

hlw
Level 1

Hi, Orlando. Most of the time, when Proseries crashes during this task, I don't get any errors when it does so. It usually just closes itself in an instant. However, I've recorded the error boxes I have received. 

One error sometimes pops up that reads,

Error Report: 
Unexpected error occured, please restart ProSeries.
If you continue to encounter this error, please contact technical support for assistance.

In some cases, I receive two error prompts, one after the other, like this:

Codebase Error:
Error #: -920
Error #: 95910
Out of memory

Followed by,

Proseries-2019: protax19.exe-Fatal Application Exit:
EXITING APPLICATION

I've updated my program and it hasn't helped the situation. I've tried selecting multiple clients to delete but that doesn't help. 

0 Cheers