Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof IRS Received E-Filed 2018 Form 1040 - Accepted 08-01-2019; but on December 20, 2021 contends return was not filed.

Mel7777
Level 2

How to prove IRS Received E-Filed 2018 Form 1040 - Accepted 08-01-2019; but on December 20, 2021 contends return was not filed.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Print form 9325 and the client e-file history?

Slava Ukraini!
hankinstax
Level 5

Use the "unique" serial number from your return found on your ACT and Form 9325.  Call the EFile help desk and they will help you research the problem.  I have been forced once to use "snail mail" to provide this data to the Service.

BobKamman
Level 15

That's scary, because it happened pre-Covid.  Is this another CP80, that says there is a credit there but no return?  And you're sure it's 2018, with the statute about to expire in three months?

sjrcpa
Level 15

I understand how they can lose paper returns but not confirmed efiled ones.

Ex-AllStar
BobKamman
Level 15

Maybe the taxpayer's last name is Spam and it went into the IRS folder for those.

Or perhaps Null?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160325-the-names-that-break-computer-systems

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Years ago, a vanity plate owner in California had a personalized license plate that read "NO PLATE".

He/she got a huge number of delinquent ticket notices. 

True story.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers