Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program crashing

Randy Haynes
Level 4

Is anyone else having issues with the program crashing when attempting to print an invoice or client letter?

The problem seems to have arisen after an update was installed this motning.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

22 Comments 22
AprilCPA
Level 2

My program is crashing as well.  Downloaded new update this morning and every time I try to print the client letter within f1120 - Proseries crashes.  

0 Cheers
Lis257
Level 1

Yes  I called and they said they are working on it.  They said you can print to a pdf and then print to printer. 

AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Please check out this post, and yes, in the interim, please print to PDF and then to your physical printer: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-news-and-updates/discussion/proseries-2019-print-c...

AprilCPA
Level 2

How you print a client letter in .pdf?  I can print everything else but that in .pdf.

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

From within your client file, go to File then Print and when the window comes up, go to Print Selected Forms in the left panel, check the box for PDF and then check the "bubbles" for either Invoice or Letter, and print from there.  (Hope that makes sense)

bhill_nnews
Level 3

Same problem!!!! We can't even print to .pdf. Tried that first. THIS IS A MAJOR CLUSTER ON 02/13/2020!!!! Based on reports in media, this kind of problem should have been anticipated; these updates have caused problems continuously. 

0 Cheers
AprilCPA
Level 2

Thank you!  You totally taught me something today! 🙂

Bethynp
Level 3

I can't print to PDF either.  I'm starting to panic...getting behind the 8-ball on February 13th is counter-productive!  How will we know when the problem is fixed?

0 Cheers
ccfstax
Level 2

it worked thanks!!!

0 Cheers
bhill_nnews
Level 3

Update: Thanks to another responder we discovered we could print to .pdf from the Single Form dialogue--which includes letters & invoices. We set all printer settings to our .pdf program as printer. We also found we could print from the Return Copy dialogue by using the Print to DMS feature. This has been a lifesaver!!! This allows us to print the whole return. When we had tried to print to .pdf from the Return Copy dialogue, or by using the icons for letters & invoices, the program crashed.

0 Cheers
LBEACH
Level 1
  1. MY SYSTEM CRASHES FREQUENTLY AND I'M NOT EVEN TRYING TO PRINT.  HAVE TO DOUBLE CHECK INPUTS AFTERWARDS, EVEN WITH RECOVERY OF FILE.
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9

@AshleyatIntuit why has this information not been posted on the yellow in the program?

Why is there no communication on existing problems?  Why do we not know when things are fixed?

0 Cheers
esmijares
Level 1

I'm also experiencing a crash whenever I print invoice since yesterday 😞  

0 Cheers
georgeead
Level 1

Yes - the program is crashing when printing letters and invoices from the top of the homebase. This problem started after this morning's update.

Please fix it.

0 Cheers
Randy Haynes
Level 4

You might want to shorten the time between auto recovery saves. I set mine down to 1 minute until they get this resolved.

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Update:  This issue is now resolved.  Please ensure you update your ProSeries software to ensure you are the most current version.

bhill_nnews
Level 3

Thank you for letting us know!!

hallett
Level 1

Yes, I am having the same issue. Glad I'm not the only one having this problem. Hopefully ProSeries will come up with a solution.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Since this post is basically a year old, it sounds like you are the only one having the problem.  Tagging along to posts that are ancient doesn't do much to solve problems.  Start a new post and include details.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Username2
Level 1

Proseries Professional has crashed repeatedly today.  It has not only to do with printing the client letter or an invoice, or printing anything for that matter, the program also crashes when I try to efile.

I have been using Proseries since 2007, so am quite experienced with its ups and downs.

Intuit states how wonderful this software is.  It is March 23, 2020.  Its incredible that Intuit puts out a product with this kind of deficiency.

Charges are higher and higher and functionality is lower and lower.

Lukep123
Level 1

My ProSeries Professional 2020 crashes often and frequently every day no matter what task is being performed.

I have run updates every day and no solution.

I now have to save every minute or work is lost.

I have been using ProSeries for decades and am very familiar with the software. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it without any solution.

Any assistance is appreciated.

0 Cheers
EDDIE
Level 4

I am so disgusted about this crashing issue! I thought it was only me . WHEN is this gonna be fixed? I’m with everyone. No excuse. Cost us valuable time 

0 Cheers