Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program crashes when efiling attempted

Beanscouter
Level 2

Program is crashing/closing when e-file selected when the returns to be e-filed are selected; Federal and state(s). Is this happening to anyone else?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kimmyjack
Level 4

Having the same problem.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
24 Comments 24
BK2koep
Level 1

Have asked for help with the crashing but no one is getting back to me!  Frustrated indeed!

0 Cheers
meoleson
Level 5

I have printed 15 returns this afternoon and all seems to be working except, I had to reprint a letter and then had a crash.  What worked for me was to go to the Icon for printing individual forms, click on letter then client letter and the it worked fine.

0 Cheers
Beanscouter
Level 2

I do not have a problem with printing. My program is crashing when I try to e-file a return.

thanks anyway.

0 Cheers
Kimmyjack
Level 4

Having the same problem.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Has everybody downloaded today's updates?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGoddess
Level 1

I am having the same issue today.

0 Cheers
Kimmyjack
Level 4

I have been able to get around it by using the menu at the top and selecting efile...transmit returns.

0 Cheers
TaxGoddess
Level 1

Does that work for you?  I still crash with that option.

0 Cheers
Kimmyjack
Level 4

It did yesterday.  I haven't tried today.

0 Cheers
grossie
Level 5

Same here.

0 Cheers
TaxGoddess
Level 1

So, I had to do the following twice with each return before I could get them to efile.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/federal-or-state-tax-return-is-not-showin...

0 Cheers
MariaR
Level 3

Same problem happening to me today. My workaround right now is to go thru the EF menu at the top and selecting the client's fed & state return to convert and transmit that way without opening the client file.

It's worked so far for 3 clients that I've e-filed in the last hour.

Beanscouter
Level 2

MariaR,  That is what I ended up doing also. Thanks for your input.

0 Cheers
MariaR
Level 3

Can someone tag one of our Intuit friends that are on this board so they can try and escalate this issue? I can't remember their screen names on here.

I'm still having the same issue and it's been about a week I think.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
Steve304
Level 3

what's the solution? Buy another program besides Pro Series ? crashing on efiling...work arounds sometime work, but that is not a solution. A solution is INTUIT figuring out WHY!!! We you efile large volumes at a time this is frustrating...probably worse year i had with this software in years...

Kimmyjack
Level 4

I agree with you.  There are still things that I complain about that have been happening for years.  But this has been the worst.

HGH
Level 3

Mine opens to the e-file screen then crashes. No chance to get off the e-file screen. Any ideas?

0 Cheers
Steve304
Level 3

I usually go out the program and re- enter, make sure all my updates are done or re-boot my system. I have also found if you only efile 10 or less at a time, it never crashes....seems to be a memory problem within the Proseries efiling system itself....

HGH
Level 3

Thank you! It appears to be working now.

My problem was that I couldn't Exit the program, it crashed before I got there. 

I'll keep my fingers crossed. 🙂

0 Cheers
Steve304
Level 3

I started doing the 10 and under at a time  a few years back. It is time consuming, but it has cut down on crashes for me... sometimes I venture a little beyond 10, but not much....Good luck...I am sure it is a memory system problem with Pro series, but not sure they will ever fix.

0 Cheers
shirleyp01
Level 2

I've had this problem of the program crashing when trying to e-file since day 1.  I don't appreciate having to use a workaround when my workstation computer can e-file with no problem.  What is the fix?

Kimmyjack
Level 4

Never got a fix.  Just efiled until it crashed, restarted and did the process all over again.  Very frustrating.

HGH
Level 3

Very frustrating. Tried not to renew but had to amend a 2019 return, even though that license had been purchased in prior years and the return had been prepared in ProSeries, I had to have a current 2021 license to amend a 2019 return. Really? That makes no sense.

0 Cheers
shirleyp01
Level 2

Not working for me.

0 Cheers