Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with today's Pro Series updates

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

My Norton 360 firewall is going crazy blocking today's Pro Series updates, noting "suspicious action" and unverified source. Is anyone else experiencing these types of issues?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
PATAX
Level 15

Do a search on this forum and I think you will find that others have had problems with the firewall protection also...

0 Cheers
ctalleycpa
Level 3

Yes, something is up with ProSeries' credentials not matching their certificate (or whatever).  Cannot update, waiting for a call back from technical support.  Perfect timing.

PATAX
Level 15

When it rains it pours

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to reply to my post. At least I know that I'm not the only one at this time!!

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Hi jhbvtacpa,

A program update has been released to resolve the digital signature issue.

You should now be able to update ProSeries without any errors.

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Thanks for your response.

Am attempting another update, however the issue has not been resolved. Continuing to get numerous "suspicious action blocked" notifications.

Was on hold with Customer Service for almost an hour before I was disconnected and after my second call, I'll haven't received a call back.

Continued dissapointment for sofware and support that I pay thousands of dollars for each year.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for the disappointment and experience. Is there a way to "exempt" ProSeries from the Norton 360 scan? We will install it and try to figure out why it's flagging things still, but it might take some time.

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

I've removed Norton from all ProSeries applications. It appears that everything has updated.

Hopefully you'll get this fixed, as I really don't want to expose my 1000+ client base to an update without normal firewall protections,

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

We definitely do not want you to disable your firewall.

This article provides the name of the files you can allow through your firewall, so you can update your program without having to disable your firewall. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/systems-performance/help/configuring-a-firewall-to-allow-pro...

0 Cheers