Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Form 9325, Acknowledgement and General Information for Taxpayers Who File Returns Electronically

woods61
Level 1

Returns are being e-filed within the Pro Series Basic Program and electing electronic funds withdrawal.  Form 9325 shows Form 1040 was electronically filed and accepted.  However, this form has box 5 checked, "Your electronic funds withdrawal payment request was not accepted for processing". Called the IRS to inquire about the scheduled electronic funds withdrawal payment.  IRS has the payment scheduled for withdrawal in the correct amount and the correct date.  Tech support says this is an IRS problem and IRS says it is a software problem.   Had this same problem during the 2018 filing season and was told by Tech Support that they were aware of the problem and had opened an investigation.  Has anyone else had this problem while using the Pro Series Basic Software?  There is a disconnect somewhere and maybe it is time to test a different software product.  It is time consuming to contact IRS every time a taxpayer makes an electronic funds withdrawal payment request and the Form 9325 is returned with Box 5 checked stating that the payment request was  not accepted.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
JRT
Level 1

I had this happen with the first 4 federal returns I filed where the client owed federal tax and was having it electronically withdrawn, but box 5 is checked.  I haven't called the IRS yet.  I have been on Proseries phone hold for just over an hour now.  Every time I called today, it said the wait would be over an hour.

What happened last time?  Did your client payments to the IRS ultimately go through despite box 5 being checked?

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

We had problems with 9325 last year, I don't worry about it, and if a problem comes up will deal with it at that time. It is probably low on intuits list to fix

0 Cheers
woods61
Level 1

Yes, all payments went through even with Box 5 checked.  I did follow up with IRS to make sure that they had scheduled the withdrawals.

corinnerichard
Level 3

On line 5 of the form 9325 it states that the electronic withdrawal payment request was not accepted I double checked everything on the info worksheet all is in order.  The only thing I did not do was to put the phone number on the side of the wife's info but I did put it on the side for the husbands input

Anyone shed some light on this, and how do I proceed from here.

Thank you very much

0 Cheers