Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro series Printing forms

benbrig09
Level 2

I am having problems printing a states 1040. I can print all other forms on that state except the 1040. I can print federal forms. When I print this states 1040 it says sent to printer successfully but never prints. Pro series customer service told me this was on my end but I'm not sure how I can print every other form then. I have not changed any print settings. I can also print the states 1040 to pdf and print it that way but I cant keep doing that. Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Do you have it checked to use the 1040SR?  If so, the 1040 wont print.  This hung people up last year,  not sure if its still an issue or not.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
benbrig09
Level 2

We never use 1040SR. We can print federal 1040 just not this states 1040. 

Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

If its ok, I would like to ask a couple of questions.

1. which states?

2. what was your output? PDF, DMS, Smartvault or Printer (which printer)

3. Where did you print to: Local Folder, DMS, Smartvault?

0 Cheers
benbrig09
Level 2

We mainly use federal, Illinois and Missouri. There will be other states but not yet. the problem is with the Missouri 1040. Federal all works normal and so does IL. All other Missouri forms print normal as well. We print to a Printer LD140. We can print the Missouri 1040 to PDF then print it out that way but this method will not be ideal. When we go to print the Missouri 1040 it says it was successfully sent to printer like when we print any other form but the MO 1040 does not print out. 

0 Cheers
Twelve24
Level 1

I am having the same trouble with ProSeries with my multistate clients.  To keep moving along I print to pdf and then print the pdf otherwise I do not have a complete print out.  Most of mine are Illinois and Indiana.  The Indiana return will only print the first page.  Now I am discovering that it does this with the corporate and partnership taxes.  I thought perhaps it was a software issue that would be updated but it has been quite some time.  Does anyone have a solution?

0 Cheers
cwngpr11
Level 2

I can't print state or efile forms, program says not ready.  So far MD and VA.  I also routinely do DE, DC, NC, PA, NJ, NY, CT, WV, GA, SC.  

0 Cheers
cwngpr11
Level 2

So far MD, but I do 10-12 other states.  I'm anticipating 130-150 pissed-off customers

0 Cheers