Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series Efiling

mikespinner
Level 3

Is anyone experiencing higher than normal efiling rejections.  We have already exceed our total for all of last tax season.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

Ok, you got me curious - why are they being rejected?

Slava Ukraini!
mikespinner
Level 3

The error is that a return has already been filed with that ssn.  Highly unusual 15% of returns filed are rejected. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Unless you had issues trying to file returns when Intuit was holding them for you that generated duplicates, the other potential explanation is that your system may have been hacked.

Slava Ukraini!
thetaxguy305
Level 3

i am having the same issue. I had a bunch of efiles that I sent out Thursday night and Friday morning that remained in the “sent to irs” stage for 3 days until finally yesterday they all came back as rejected that returns with the SSN have already been filed. It has to be some kind of system glitch where duplicates were sent

0 Cheers
jkoz
Employee
Employee

Hi I'm Julie the ProSeries product manager.

I agree that this is highly unusual and would like to rule out that something didn't happen in our system causing the duplicate rejects. Please reach out to me directly at julie_kozloski@intuit.com at your earliest convenience. Thanks

0 Cheers
Ratliff
Level 1

You're lucky.  I'm around 60% being rejected for this reason.  There's a massive problem somewhere & I'm not sure where.  

0 Cheers
rachelratliff82
Level 2

Julie,

We tried calling ProSeries multiple times and they just basically told us too bad. They were already filed. Then we found out one was filed with a stolen EFIN. That person who had their EFIN stolen also uses ProSeries.

0 Cheers
mikespinner
Level 3

Sorry to hear that.  We are working with the IRS and sending them our eifle list the day before we file.  Not sure if that is working.  We remain at 20-25%.  We are getting our questions answered by the IRS as my partner has a direct link to someone in the fraud unit.  Originally the IRS did not want us to recommend that all our clients get PINs for next year.  Yesterday the IRS rep changed and did recommend.

You reach out if you have any questions on what we are doing.  [email address removed]

Good luck the rest of the season.  It's a lonely feeling when Pro Series and the IRS point the finger at us.

rachelratliff82
Level 2

Unfortunately they removed your email address. I would love to know what you're doing. I just sent an email to my clients recommending they get an IP PIN.

0 Cheers
mikespinner
Level 3

you can call me at 732-560-9519.  Lunch time is best.

0 Cheers