Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series Basic will not install after download. I have Windows 10 (64-bit) 14.36 GB RAM

Shirley77
Level 3

I read similar issues in years past.  This is the first time I've had a problem.  Spent over two hours with technical support.  They said others were having the same problem.  Message says can't install on this system.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry that didn't work. To double check, you created a new file called  ProSeriesPrereqBypass.txt  in your C:\\ drive? Do you get the message quickly after you start the installer, or does it go through most of the install? Can you specify the exact message you are getting? 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry you've run into this issue. The engineering team is researching why this is happening, and will address it by our December release.

In the meantime, I posted a workaround in this post: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-2020-won-t-load-says...

0 Cheers
Shirley77
Level 3

I tried setting up the file you suggested and I still got the same message when trying to install. Software cannot be installed on my system.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry that didn't work. To double check, you created a new file called  ProSeriesPrereqBypass.txt  in your C:\\ drive? Do you get the message quickly after you start the installer, or does it go through most of the install? Can you specify the exact message you are getting? 

0 Cheers
Shirley77
Level 3

Albert was able to help me.  It was complicated.  Thank you for reaching out.  I have 2020 installed.

0 Cheers
Shirley77
Level 3

I can't send the log to the e-mail address you sent me.  Says mail delivery system - returned to sender.

0 Cheers