Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO SERIES 2020 INSTALL FAILS Consistently

RMarch
Level 1

I have made several calls to support and still do not have a solution.  All the calls have ended with "sorry I can't help you".  I am very frustrated that there is no path to reaching a level 2 technician.  

This is the issue.  There are two computers in a Workgroup. One is running ProSeries20, upgraded from 19, as the "server/host".  Mapped drives have been done correctly.  Firewall's and AV have been disabled. The latest version of .NetFramework has been installed.

I browse to the "wkstan" folder from the mapped drive on the system I am wanting to be the workstation and run the setup.exe file located there.

The install will start and from there randomly just quit.  There is no consistency as to when it quits.  Sometimes it will actually make it to an install status bar and show some progress. Other times it will quit after the first splash screen.

There isn't an error message and there isn't an unresponsive process that has to be ended.  The program just quits and can be started right back.

Has anyone had this same issue? If so some insight would be wonderful.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

Can you look in the windows logs to see if there is some sort of exception that windows is covering up? If you want to know how to do that, simply hit the windows key, if you have one, and type "event viewer".

Then look under "windows logs" and select "Application". 

From there, right click on Application and select Find. Look for "ProSeries" in the log and look to see if there are any errors. 

If you see any on the workstation that look like they could be associated with the network installation, try to right click on the error event and choose "save selected events" to your desktop. Then send them to ProSeries_Engineering@intuit.com

Or you could try to attach it here, but i'm not sure how well that will work. Haven't tried that before. 

Let me know!

0 Cheers
Nobles
Employee
Employee

Can you please also try to find IntuitProSeriesTY20Installer.log in your local appdata folder (should be something like C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local) and also send that file to ProSeries_Engineering@intuit.com

localAppData.png

0 Cheers
RMarch
Level 1

I have emailed what I could find on the system to the provided address

0 Cheers
Allardt
Level 1

It's doing the same thing for me trying to install to a stand alone computer. I've talked with 3 different agents with no help. I tried to install from the disc with the same result.

0 Cheers
Nobles
Employee
Employee

Hi Allardt,

Can you also please try to find the following logs and email them to ProSeries_Engineering@intuit.com :

• IntuitProSeriesTY20Installer.log in your local appdata folder (should be something like C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local) localAppData.png
  • <date>_PROSERIESINSTALLER.log in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ProSeries\Install\TY20\Logs, please send the most recent logs from that folder

image.png

0 Cheers