Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior Depreciation

ranthony
Level 2

I wonder what happened in a tax file that isn't showing prior depreciation in 2019 when I've had this client and transferred the file from 2018 to 2019.  The client is just now making the depreciation entries that I gave them and is asking why my depreciation goes beyond the cost she has recorded.  This is when I noticed that there is no prior depreciation.Oasis Resized.jpg

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive had it happen now and again. The asset entry worksheet line showing prior depreciation is just empty for some reason and I have to fill it in myself to get it back on track.
No clue why or how it happens.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ranthony
Level 2

Sounds like a software problem.

0 Cheers
ranthony
Level 2

I would like Proseries/Intuit to accept this as my bill for 3 hours of my time trying to figure his one one out only to come to the realization that there is no fix and no one knows why it is happening.  I may need to amend my client's returns WITHOUT charging them.  I will only charge you $75 per hour, so someone please contact me to either credit my account or send me a check for $225.  Thank  you.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

"...I may need to amend my client's returns WITHOUT charging them."

Meaning you did not check that depreciation (current AND prior) was correct?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers