Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior depreciation not transferring over?

Txldy
Level 1

Has anyone had the issue with prior depreciation not transferring over to the next year? I noticed it on a business return when I was reconciling depreciation.  I also noticed it on an individual return. If so, how did you handle it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Hit and miss, I find it from time to time...not sure what the common denominator is that makes it happen on some and not others.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I think its from transferring clients too early. Since I've been waiting until January before transferring I haven't had an issue.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
thats possible, the ones I find are from years ago before I took over the business and my ex employer would transfer clients in as soon as the program was available.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
davidwashington
Level 3

yes, it appears to be in all cases.

I am in a trust return and same situation.   I noticed this two years ago.   Quality control at Intuit is down.

Is there a fix?

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You can try a  retransfer now that its Feb, as Program has had several updates, or manually enter carryover. If you transfer you will lose all work you have done

abs96
Level 3

I have same issue that the depreciation did not transfer from the 8829 and the asset entry worksheets.  It calculated the depreciation but did not transfer to the 1040.  I guess have to delete the asset entry worksheets and reenter the information.  Or does anyone know a shortcut?

0 Cheers