Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing

caroljo
Level 5

I cannot print a 2018 tax return.  It says it has been sent to printer but nothing happens.  This is so frustrating.  I have been using ProSeries for many years but this is becoming impossible.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you restarted the computer since the issue began?    

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
caroljo
Level 5

No, but I will try.  I was able to print a 2019 return, but not the 2018.  I will try right now. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Did you recently install a Window 10 update? 

That has messed with my drivers - which really *isn't* Intuit's/ProSeries fault.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
caroljo
Level 5

I tried shutting down.  Still did not work.  

0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5

I probably did install a windows 10 update...not sure but I have everything updated automatically.  What did you do about it?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

And youre sure its not printing to PDF by mistake? (Ive done this many times)

At the top of the Print window its set for Printer, not File (PDF)?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
caroljo
Level 5

No, I checked that.  I tried to print to PDF last week but I was not able to e-mail it to them.  It came up in my Documents  but would not e-mail. That is why I am having to print them a return for them to pick up.  I feel like a fool.   So now while I am trying to print, I even unchecked the PDF and the DMS.  (I don't even know what DMS is).  I am really frustrated.

0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5

Also, this client is not the only one who I can't print.  I tried others.  I can print 2019 just fine.  It is only the 2018.  

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

As a work-around, can you print to PDF, then open to the PDF and print the PDF?