Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing

SFBacct
Level 3

Is anyone else having the issue of missing forms and schedules when Proseries 2020 prints?  It is so random and I cannot find a solution.  Wasting my time!  Why do I spend so much on this piece of junk software????

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I have not experienced this at all, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

I have not encountered any issues with this matter either. Try to do a detailed search on this forum using different keywords and maybe eventually you can find the solution to this problem. Good luck.

dkh
Level 15

Is it happening when printing File Copy or Client Copy or Preparer Copy.  Have you looked in the Print Options for Control Which Forms to Print to see  what the setting is for the forms that aren't printing. 

SFBacct
Level 3

It is on every copy...filing, client copy and preparer.   Yes, I have made sure the forms are checked as I have been using this software for going on 15 years now.  The software gets worse every year.

The printing issue is random, like I said.  However, I keep updating the software and restart it and that seems to help.  I am just very concerned that I will not catch when it doesn't print all of the forms.  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I too have been using ProSeries for 15+ years - just trying to help with what I would look for if I was having same issue as you.   Are you printing to a wireless printer ?  Bad signal to printer causing date to be lost?   Is it an older printer that needs the driver updated ?         

I had some quirky issue with my printer a few weeks ago where every page too a painstaking minute to spit out.  I am positive this software caused it.  I had to reset printer to factory default to get it working right.

0 Cheers
SFBacct
Level 3

Not wireless printer and just updated the driver and it is only 2 years old.  I guess I can see if it is my printer.  

0 Cheers
SFBacct
Level 3

It does the same thing to the PDF copies that I save to PDF and so that wouldn't have anything to do with my printer.  For instance, if I print client copy and it is missing Schedule C, Form 4562, etc., I have opened up the PDF version that was printed at the same time as the paper print version was and it is identical....missing same pages.

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@SFBacct  Thanks for the heads up. PS19 was intermittently doing the same thing last year.  It is nice to know that intuit is consistent with PS20.  The only solutions offered up with PS19 was the same things that you are trying with PS20.  Restart the program, download updates, Refresh updates of installed products, etc.  There may have been another work around as well, but do not recall what it was.  Anybody recall?

Happy taxing!  

0 Cheers
SFBacct
Level 3

Yes, same thing happened with PS19 and it does help to refresh updates and restart the program.  Just getting a little upset with all of these time consuming "work-arounds" when it costs so much for the tax program.  Really hope Intuit Proseries will listen to their customers as I don't see how they can keep raising their prices while quality goes down.  I guess that is the "new normal." 

0 Cheers