Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Return to Mail renewing ITIN

Blanca
Level 3

I having a hard time printing a return, It does not show a social security number since he is applying for an ITIN. I just type Applied for in the space for the ss#.    I dont have any problem printing with other returns just with this one.  Any suggestions? is it because it shows error for no ss#?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Weird, do you get an error message or does it act like its going to print, but nothing comes out of the printer?  If you use Print Preview from the Print return window, does it show up?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you using  Pay Per Return version of the program?   If not, you should be able to print. It may pop up with an error, but you should still be able to print.

If you have Pay Per Return, you'll need an ID number in there to authorize the purchase.

0 Cheers
Blanca
Level 3

No, I dont have pay per return, I just dont understand i can print  all the other ones with with ss# or ITIN but not this one. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Weird, do you get an error message or does it act like its going to print, but nothing comes out of the printer?  If you use Print Preview from the Print return window, does it show up?

0 Cheers
Ed Dix
Level 1

I just spent over and hour and a half with upper level tech only to be told that Lacert does not allow returns to print with out a SSN or an ITIN. you can put in 999-99-9999 but then it will mark the return as a demo and will not print the government copy.

complain to Lacert!

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Will it print with AppliedFor in the SSN space?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Ed Dix
Level 1

Lacert will not print with anything other than a SSN or a ITIN.

if you enter 999-99-9999 in as the SSN it will print a client copy, but it puts that number on the return, and watermarks it as demo. and it will not print to be mail government copy.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You used to be able to print a return with Applied For.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Ed Dix
Level 1

has not worked this year

0 Cheers
Ed Dix
Level 1

Lacert tech support said it will not print with out the ITIN or SSN

0 Cheers