Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Ohio tax return prior to 2/12/21

danthetaxman
Level 3

Proseries software says that I can't print an Ohio individual tax return until Feb.12, 2021.  I've called support three times about this issue.  They say the form isn't final until 2/12/21. Has anyone been able to print the Ohio tax return as of today (2/8/21)?  I've talked to other CPA's who use Lacerte and they are all able to print the State of Ohio tax return.  In prior years, I was able to print the Ohio tax return with a watermark that said "do not file - form not approved". That is fine with me.  I would be happy to print it that way, so I have something to give to clients. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
TAXOH
Level 11

I can't print them either until the 12th and I also use ProSeries.  I have no idea why it's taking so long but it is frustrating.  

danthetaxman
Level 3

Thanks for responding. It's more than frustrating.  I'm tired of telling clients that I can't give them their tax returns 39 days into the year! 

TAXOH
Level 11

I agree!  I have over 50 returns so far and the other preparer here has about the same amount.  It's going to take a while to print all of them when they could be done and gone by now.

danthetaxman
Level 3

Is Pro Series lying to us?  I've talked to two reputable CPA's who use Lacerte and they claim that they can print the State of Ohio tax return

If they are lying, they need to be held accountable.

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

I can't imagine what their motivation for lying would be.  I would think they have different programmers for Lacerte and ProSeries.  I think that ProSeries got the forms to Ohio late for approval and they are still waiting on the approval from the state.

danthetaxman
Level 3

That's their fault not mine. 

Whatever the reason is, they failed to deliver and other software did.

Just let us print it with a watermark and I will be perfectly happy.

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

I agree it's not our fault.   

danthetaxman
Level 3

UPDATE: 2/10/21

YOU CAN PRINT THE STATE OF OHIO TAX RETURN NOW!!!

THIS EVENT HAPPENED AT 2 PM TODAY (2/10/21)

TAXOH
Level 11

Thanks for posting cause I was waiting until tomorrow but will start printing tonight.