Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Error - ProSeries failed to license products due to an unexpected issue.

h0250722
Level 3

I can open 2020 and work on files but if I try to print the tax return I get an error message:

Printing Error - ProSeries failed to license products due to an unexpected issue.

Please help

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you tried to relicense the product?  Tools > License Product

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
h0250722
Level 3

Yes I get another error message

Your ProSeries software license is currently not available. ProSeries may not have been installed and setup correctly.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Let me flag the installation guru

@Orlando how does this get fixed?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Hmm. I'm sorry you're having trouble. I think it's having issues accessing information from our license file... unfortunately in a very unexpected way.  We might have to do what it suggests - completely uninstall ProSeries.. but let's first see if we can confirm that.

Under the Help Menu, do you see a "Send Logs" entry? If so can you run that, then send the zip file it creates to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?  That will collect a bunch of logs I can look at to pinpoint the specific error.

If you don't see that entry, can you update? It's something we just released Wednesday to help with troubleshooting in this community.

If for some reason you are unable to update, there are two main logs I'm looking for:

[installation diretory]\32bit\logs\proseries.txt

C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8\IntuitEntitlementErrorLog.txt

If you can find those directly, email them to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

If you don't want to mess with any of that, you can call into customer support and they can run through these same triage steps.

h0250722
Level 3

I have emailed you in the morning. Maybe it is in yoour spam folder

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I responded in email 10 minutes ago, assuming that was you. I can't connect the real name with the user names..   if it's you (Katharine) - I sent a zoom link. I'm available for the next 30 minutes to help troubleshoot.

0 Cheers