Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing copy of tax return

HLeon
Level 1

Most copies of my my Wisconsin state tax returns are not printing properly.  Sections of the form are randomly left blank.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

HLeon

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

22 Comments 22
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do the forms come out clean if you print to pdf?

Slava Ukraini!
T-Tax Beth
Level 3

Yes, having the same issue.  Most of page 3 is missing the text and randomly printing the numbers. Page 4's text is printing blurry/wavy.  I've updated my program several times; however that doesn't help. I can't find any reference to this issue in Support.  ???????

0 Cheers
T-Tax Beth
Level 3

Yes, the forms print correctly when printing from PDF.  

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Can you print a clean copy to pdf?

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

Then print to pdf and then print to paper from there until things get figured out.  It's an extra step but it keeps you trucking down the road for now.

@Orlando  - more printing issues.

Slava Ukraini!
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Can you provide details of the printer you are using (make / model)?

Historically, i've heard printer driver issues have been a chronic problem. I'd love to figure out what we can do this year to fix things, starting with collecting data on what printers we see issues with and what it takes to fix it.

Note the technology to print to pdf is vastly different than the technology to print to printer.. but if the PDF programs can subsequently print, I'm sure we can dig in and figure out why we're having issues.

0 Cheers
T-Tax Beth
Level 3

Brother MFC-L2710DW and Brother L3770CDW.  Same printers that I used last year but did not have any issues on last year's program.  

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Thank you. Is it all forms that are failing to print, or something specific? Have you recently tried to print something in last years program? 

0 Cheers
T-Tax Beth
Level 3

Just printed from 2019 program and everything prints fine.  It looks to be just page 2 of the Wisconsin Form 1, most of the line descriptions/text are missing.  The other pages look to be okay.  (so far anyway.)  Thank you. 

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

How does it look in print preview? And to confirm, does it look fine if you print direct to pdf?

If preview is wrong while direct to pdf is right, then i think we have our culprit - a library we use to print to printer or preview.

Can you email me a sanitized copy of the file? 

- Right click in HomeBase and choose Sanitize. This will remove all private data, like SSNs 

- Send that sanitized file to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

T-Tax Beth
Level 3

It looks fine in print preview and when printing direct to PDF.  Just sent a file to the email address below.  Thank you! 

lisakayeschmidt
Level 3

I am having the same issues.  And surprisingly, I am using a Brother MFC-L2750DW as someone in another thread indicated they were using.  Wisconsin  pages 2-4 are coming out funky, just as you described.

0 Cheers
vajordan
Level 2

I am having the same printing issue.  None of my forms will print, only the letters will print properly. This is a problem for me for the few I have who cannot electronically file.

Vervely Jordan
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for the frustration and inconvenience.  This seems to be an issue with the third party  we use and some print drivers (as a guess), but continue to work with them to try to find a solution. Can you save as pdf and print that? Or, if you're using Professional, choose "Print as image" in Global Print Options? Alternatively you can try updating print drivers or trying different ones.

0 Cheers
vajordan
Level 2

I am using Pro Series Basic, and today the issue is worst.  I cannot get PDF to work properly, the letters will not print properly, the margin for the letter and invoice now is so narrow the letter using 45 pages.  Will there be an update soon to correct these issues.  I did a print preview of a client copy and it was 136 pages.  

Vervely Jordan
0 Cheers
lisakayeschmidt
Level 3

I use Proseries Professional and by clicking the "Print as Image" button, it solved our problem with our Wisconsin forms!  Thank you!  Unfortunately, now today, every time we go to print, our program crashes after printing just a few pages, ugh.  We have to constantly go back in and try printing more.  We are getting around this by saving a PDF and printing that, but with the amount of money we pay for the program, this is not a viable long-term solution.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"every time we go to print, our program crashes"

Yup, you need to be wearing your seatbelt if you go that route.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
vajordan
Level 2

I agree 

I got it to print on my old printer desk jet but not my new Xerox laser.  

Vervely Jordan
0 Cheers
jkfmsi
Level 3

Same trouble here on forms 1120, 1120S, 1065 & 1041. Printer is Brother DCP-L5650DN.  Print Preview and print to PDF work fine, but would like to just be able to hit Print and go. We have not been having that issue on form 1040.

0 Cheers
1970beep
Level 2

I have same issue with ProSeries and Wisconsin when printing client copy. However if I just open the Wisconsin tax return to page 2 and right click print, it does print correctly. 

Getting sick of all these ProSeries issues. Might be time for a new software next year

T-Tax Beth
Level 3

Your suggestion did work to right click and print. However, now I'm having issues with how the Wisconsin return is formatting directly on my screen.  For me, it's confined to page 2; however, I have to print to PDF and print from there.  I've deleted and reloaded my print drivers for both my printers and still doesn't work.  Very time consuming.  And I agree, it might be time to look for a new program for next tax year.  

0 Cheers
dalanger
Level 3

Same problem.  Was fine last week, this week not working.  Also having problem with page 3 not printing correctly.  If I print each page separately, it works.  Who's got time for that??

0 Cheers