Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing 1040 V for amended return

papasmu1971
Level 3

How do I print a 1040 V for my amended 2019 tax return to show the new amount due only

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Accountant-Man
Level 12

You can always override the amount on the V and print it.

I have never included a 1040 V with a 1040 X.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You dont send a 1040V with an amended return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

There is no payment voucher for amended returns. I usually send the payment attached to the 1040X.

Make sure you have the SS#, Tax Year, & 1040X in the memo line of the check. Also include in the explanation that you have enclosed Check No. & amount as payment of this amended return.

Shannondb80
Level 1

What do you mean by override it? Please explain in details 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

open the 1040V voucher on the screen and Right click in the $ box, choose Override and type in the amount you want to pay. Id advise the client to make payment via IRS Direct Pay though, rather than send a check.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Shannondb80
Level 1

Thank you 

0 Cheers
jgm6520
Level 3

I had the same problem and fixed it by being sure that on the Information Worksheet, part IX, I had the box checked to file the amended return electronically. Once I did that the 1040-V form came up on the listing of the forms in use.

Good luck

0 Cheers