Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparer access history in ProSeries

lcltax
Level 1

Is there a way to view an audit log of who (which preparer) has accessed a specific tax return in Pro Series?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Seeing lots of questions lately about how to tell who touched or Efiled a return in ProSeries....as far as I know there is no log of that kept anywhere of who worked on a return....seems like if youre going to allow multiple people access a return, there really should be a away to track who did what and when.

Each computer does keep an Efile Transmission Log, I guess you could dig through that too see which computer a return was actually Efiled from....unless multiple people have access to the same computers, then that doesnt really help either.

@IntuitBettyJo  any suggestions with this? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
lcltax
Level 1

I can't imagine that there is now way of seeing the log of who touched a return. That is ridiculous to not have access to. Any software company should know this should be a critical report to view. They do it for QuickBooks. Why not do it for Tax Returns. I don't care who necessarily E-filed the return, because that same person may not have prepared the return. 

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

ProSeries does not have an Audit log.  The closest thing that we have to this type of function would be the preparer code in the Tools > Options section. 

I think this type of enhancement to the program would make a lot of sense and our developers would love to hear about it.  Here is a link to our ProSeries Product Suggestions Page 

Thanks for the insight! 

-Betty Jo