Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP loan forgiveness

rbell2315
Level 1

How do I enter PPP loan forgiveness on the Balance Sheet of an S Corp and how do I enter it in the program?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

But if a loan is forgiven, why would it go on the balance sheet?  It is book income to the business and nontaxable for federal tax purposes.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

Other Income on the book's P&L and M-1 adjustment on the tax return - income reported on books but not taxable.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

But from what I understand, that amount still increase the shareholder's Basis.  Can somebody confirm that for me?

If that is the case, where is it entered so the 'adjustments to Basis' shows up on the K-1?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Confirmed.

Not being a ProSeries user, I don't know.

I gave the Lacerte answer here https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/can-and-how-to-input-ppp-...

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is an area on the ProSeries schedule K worksheet for other tax exempt income that affects shareholder basis.  I would assume that would be its final resting place but I haven't tried it to see what happens.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Ah, thank you!

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
VYASVYAS33
Level 2

where to entered ppp loan on s-corp tax return & selp-employed sch"c" on proseries = what about expenses claimed - for ppp forgiveness = can we claimed on i-tax 2020 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Enter: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/business-income-taxes/help/how-to-enter-forgiven-ppp-loans-i...

The expenses are deductible. (fixed)

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@qbteachmt wrote:

If and when the loan is Forgiven, the expenses are deductible.

The expenses are deductible regardless if the loan is forgiven or not.   😁

sjrcpa
Level 15

Except for some states.

Ex-AllStar