Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your Unsolved EIP Mysteries Here

BobKamman
Level 15

Married couple, both receive Social Security by direct deposit.  No dependents.  2018 and 2019 AGI, both more than $200K. 

No EIP#1 received.  But wife received $600 debit card for EIP#2.

Now, in 2020 AGI is about $194K, so RRC is just under $200.  That's based on what should have been paid for EIP#1 -- not reduced by overpayment on EIP#2.

I suppose the $600 paid to one spouse makes up for all the payments that should have been made, but weren't, to one spouse in other married couples.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Single filer, hasn't filed a tax return since 2017 (she filed a 2018 extension, but never filed a return), does not collect SS (but did turn 65 in 2020), didn't get the first one, but did get the $600 debit card in January.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjrcpa
Level 15

Young widow, age 25. Daughter of a client. Military husband died in the line of duty.

She said they didn't receive EIP 2 because it probably went to his bank account which was closed after his death. I have no idea what to do about this.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Glossy847
Level 3

Married clients received debit card for the latest EIP took it to the bank and it was empty,  we notified the credit card company  and yesterday they received another debit card, took it to the bank and it was empty but the bank teller checked their account and there was a direct deposit in their account for $2800.00

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
closed acct would bounce back to IRS, file a 3911, or have her call the missing EIP phone number, if she can get through, they'll send a replacement.

dkh
Level 15

Single taxpayer lost check for EIP#2.  She called IRS (I have no idea what number) was told check wouldn't be replaced - claim the $600 on tax return.  That's what I did - return efiled and accepted - 30days later no refund - however - taxpayer received replacement check of $600.   Heaven have mercy.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
OK, I think I figured mine out....she must have used the non filer tool but she was too late for the first EIP, but that got her in line for #2...

0 Cheers