Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup saying unable to save automatically generated client recovery file

CahillHlp
Level 2

The user of Proseries software gets an error saying "Unable to save automatically generated client recovery file.". They are otherwise able to work without an issue, but are worried that they may lose data. How can I get this popup to stop showing up?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive never seen that message....are they working from a removable or virtual drive maybe?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
CahillHlp
Level 2

It's a standalone install, and the program is installed on their computer. Would it being installed on a network location prevent it being saved? 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I know nothing about networks, but it seems like wherever its trying to send the auto backup to (in case of a crash you can recover the file), its not able to access that drive.

You could turn off the auto save or increase the number of minutes that it does the auto save to reduce the amount of times you see the message, obviously thats not a fix, but a temporary workaround to get rid of the message until you figure out whats really happening.

Tools >General   are your auto save options

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
CahillHlp
Level 2

Thanks!

scottyb
Level 1

I am also getting this error, when I go between 1040 forms. Is there a way to stop it?

0 Cheers