Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pop up

bandb
Level 3

Recently, after clicking on the proseries icon, and before entering my user and password, I got a pop up " your program has been breached. do not enter any data ". I closed out, got back into proseries, So far, no reappearance. Has anyone had this pop up occur?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Wow, thats a new one.  You have an updated anti virus running right?

@IntuitAustin 

@Orlando 

@IntuitBettyJo 

Have any of you seen this before?  Is this a message that's built into ProSeries?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
bandb
Level 3

I have McAfee, it says everything is OK. I should have taken a picture of the pop up.....but I didn't!

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I have not seen this before, and it's not a ProSeries message.

That's odd for sure - especially since an internet search turned up nothing like it. Was that the exact wording? Was it a Windows Operating 10 System like message, an old school DOS like message or something modern and web looking?

If I were you, I'd

• Double Check McAffee and any other Anti-Virus/Anti-Mallware/Firewall software you have. Usually they all have some sort of log that shows activity they've flagged, with details.  There should be a record of the message, somewhere. If you do find any detail, post a screenshot here
  • Perform a full system scan with McAffee
bandb
Level 3

I spoke with Proseries rep, transferred me to a tecchie, who uninstalled and reinstalled my Proseries. So far, no pop ups. Tecchie claims pop ups were not Intuit. Anybody out there with a similar issue? I had 3 different pop ups, looking like Proseries, saying my program had been breached, do not enter any data?

0 Cheers
bandb
Level 3

does anyone know if Proseries would use a pop up to advise a customer of a problem?

0 Cheers