Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pennsylvania Non-Resident Tax on Partnership Return

SAS69
Level 2

My program is not calculating tax for non-resident partners on the Pennsylvania returns.  I called support last week and they told me that a fix would be ready by the next morning.  Still no calculations.  Is anyone else having this issue?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
leeburke
Level 2

I'm having the same problem with a PA Partnership return with 2 nonresidents and its not calculating the balance due, I activated the schedule NW after I indicated on the K1 worksheet for both partners to file form PA40-NRC, then the amount due showed up but I cant pay it electronically. I was on hold over 50 minutes and gave up and went home. Ive spent to much time on this problem. Every year it seem that Penna returns are a nightmare to figure out

SAS69
Level 2

I called again this past Wednesday.  On the phone for an hour and a half only to discover (at least in my case) that the program is not calculating the tax--I have to calculate and put the amount in the PA K-1 worksheet.  Then it flows everywhere--Sch NW, PA-40 and K-1.  I was able to get it to pay electronically.  No explanation from support as to why it calculated for 2019 and is not calculating this year.  They seemed to have no idea what I was talking about and were, quite frankly, useless.  Like you I have wasted way too much time (over 2 weeks) on this issue because I thought ProSeries needed to make an update.  I asked what I was paying over $2,000 for when I have to do calculations and just got crickets.

max1211
Level 1

yes I am having the same issue with an S corporation with a non-resident shareholder

0 Cheers
Michelle7
Level 3

Yes, I am having the same problem and called support.  The rep directed me here to see if others were having the same issue.  The rep said it will only get looked at by the technical support if a lot of people are having the same problem.

0 Cheers
Randy76
Level 2

Yes.  As of yesterday, it is still not calculating PA tax for my non-resident partner.  You say PS is aware of this?  I hope they fix it soon.

0 Cheers
Randy76
Level 2

May I ask where on the K-1 worksheet you put the amount?

0 Cheers
SAS69
Level 2

I am not so sure they are going to "fix" the issue.  I just made the calculation myself and put the amount on the PA Sch K-1 worksheet for the partner(s) involved.  Then it carries to all of the proper places on the PA-65.

0 Cheers
SAS69
Level 2

In the box for "Est tax withheld" in the lower right corner of the worksheet.

0 Cheers
Michelle7
Level 3

Seems strange they would not fix since it worked in 2019 proseries

0 Cheers
Randy76
Level 2

Got it.  Thank you!

0 Cheers
JH6
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately, this calculation has been removed from 2020 ProSeries due to lack of detailed information to support accurate calculation. Please refer to https://www.revenue.pa.gov/GeneralTaxInformation/Tax%20Types%20and%20Information/NonresidentWithhold... to determine what should be included in non-resident taxable income. 

0 Cheers