Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment date for withdrawal of taxes due

UnityJim
Level 3

The due date for tax returns in the state of Texas is 6/15/2021.  The allowable date field for electronic payment of taxes due needs to be changed such that dates between 5/17 and 6/15 are allowed.  You cannot override the field.  Is the only solution for a draft date after 5/17 to hold the returns until after 5/17?  

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
kat59
Level 1

I have the same question... how do work within the software to show the due date of June 15th?

IRonMaN
Level 15

There was an alert in the software earlier today discussing the issue - it can't be done through the software.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The IRS will NOT be changing the schema for this in 3rd party software.  They'll need to pay by check or on the tax agency website.

irsnoextendpay.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
UnityJim
Level 3

So... is a solution to this:  wait until after 5/17 to efile a Texas return.  At that point, will the date be advanced such that extensions and returns filed after 5/17 by non-Texas states resolve the date issue?  In other words, returns filed after 5/17 will have payment dates up to 10/15.   I guess we just wait and see.  There is no rush to efile a return that has a balance due.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Sounds like you wont be able to schedule a payment for a future date after 5/17, it would be same day payments dates only like any other year. after 4/15.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
UnityJim
Level 3

I think you are correct.  Sounds like some extra scheduling this year.  

0 Cheers