Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership K-1 - Section 199A

rkohara01
Level 3

I’m having a problem on the Form 1040 Partnership K-1, Box 20 Section 199A QBI.  I prepared the 1065 and both the 199A Statement A Summary and Statement A – QBI Pass-through Entity Reporting forms seem to be correct.  When I import the K-1’s into the 1040 I get an error – “Box 20 Code Z has been selected but no Section 199A has been entered on Statement A.”  So, I’m not getting the QBI component and the appropriate deduction.  There doesn’t seem to be any place on the K-1 Partner Add’l Info form to enter this manually.  I had no issues in 2018 and am doing exactly what I did last year.   Where am I going wrong?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

The software needs an update that nobody really knows when it is going to arrive.  However, if you scoot further down the K-1 worksheet you should be able to manually enter the needed info.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

The software needs an update that nobody really knows when it is going to arrive.  However, if you scoot further down the K-1 worksheet you should be able to manually enter the needed info.

Slava Ukraini!
rkohara01
Level 3

Ah, yes.  I see that now.  Thanks!

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
lukwam
Level 1

I am having the same issue but I am using the online version so there is no option to edit the forms directly. 

0 Cheers
dcortez
Level 1

here is how I solved it.  Box 20 code Z is 199A losses. I entered the number from my K1. Got a turbotax error saying that number was not in Statement A.

I went to Section D1 statement A at the bottom of the IRS form. I manually entered the loss on the line for ordinary income.  The seemed to work.  the error went away. This had no impact on my final tax.   Don't fully understand it but it appears to be right and error free.

rkohara01
Level 3

Thanks.  

0 Cheers