Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Adjustments line not working on K-1 worksheet for Form 1065

eastexcpa
Level 2

A partner is transferring his entire interest in an LLC to a new partner in the same LLC.  The outgoing partner gets a final K-1.  Using the K-1 worksheet, the outgoing partner's beginning capital account balance is entered as a negative number in the Other Adjustments line in the Capital column.  The partner's ownership percentage is zeroed out as well.  The "Final" box is checked. 

For the incoming partner, the exact same capital account number is entered as a positive number in the "Other Adjustments" line in the Capital column .  Yet when you look at the actual K-1's,  however, the capital account balance transferred to the new partner is still showing up in the outgoing partner's K-1.  On the other side, the incoming capital does not show up in the new partner's ending capital account balance.

There are no errors shown in the return.  On the Cap Account and Basis Report, the totals for all partners are correct.  But the ending capital accounts for the two partners do not reflect the transfer.

I have been using ProSeries for many years, and have never encountered this before.

Thank you for looking.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

eastexcpa

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

I ran into the adjustments issue this weekend.  I just ended up punting and overrode the software and manually entered the adjustments on the K-1s.  Life is too short to call support or wait in limbo for a "future" update.

Slava Ukraini!
eastexcpa
Level 2

I will do just that if Intuit or someone else cannot come up with a solution by the time I get ready to send out the K-1's.  Thank's for your reply!

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!  👍

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers