Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

original numbers being changed by the IRS

anccpa
Level 2

Am I the only one that has an issue with the way that ProSeries is handling the notification of IRS changing the numbers on an originally electronically filed 1040 return?

You do not know that the amounts were changed unless you open the client and check, for example;

I filed a return on 3/16 IRS accepted it on 3/17. Client called me on 4/3 to tell me he did not receive his refund. I checked the electronic history and every thing said it was accepted - nothing about an changes by the IRS.

So I opened the client file and up popped a message that the IRS made a change in the numbers and that I may have to file an amended return.

If ProSeries can find the method to put the message there, why can they not notify us at the home base, or with some kind of notification as they  give us when a rejection happens.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That popup happens on every return that has RRC on it, its a program bug.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

Im only guessing here, since you didnt provide a complete set of facts.....sounds like your client DID get the RRC advance issued to them but you indicated that they never received it so IRS corrected their refund.   You'll probably want to initiate a trace using Form 3911, if you google 'AARP missing EIP' it gives instructions to fill out the 3911 for a missing stimulus payment.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

IRS DID NOT change the returns within ProSeries. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE !!!!!!

If IRS is going to change a return the taxpayer will receive a notice.

When a return is efiled thru Intuit - the only thing coming back to you is a confirmation that your information was received by IRS. If you open a file after this efile acceptance and it is showing a change it is because Intuit changed something in the program NOT because IRS adjusted the return.

dkh
Level 15

Good morning @btks    There are a lot of good "conversations"  out there.  Happy reading.

Sandra1
Level 2

I had the same thing happen. Submitted a return on 2/21/22 and it was accepted. Went in to print the 9325 and got a message the return had changed since efiling the return. The change reflects the contributions as the return change reflects giving the $300 in contributions (which was on the return when it was filed because I printed the return before submitting). Wondering what is going on with the program. Also, checked with the client and he got the amount of refund on the return as originally submitted.

0 Cheers
Sandra1
Level 2

I had put the total contributions on the itemized deduction worksheet which transfered to line 12a of the 1040  so on 12b I put the $300 that is allowable (single) and the return change shows proseries changed line 12 b to $300 which was already on the return (showing $12550 to $12850 as the deduction which was on the return correctly when submitted.

0 Cheers
Sandra1
Level 2

I made sure I updated the program before submitting this return...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youre adding to a 1 year old post.

I cant quite follow what youre describing, does thi s apply? An alert went out back Feb about charitable contributions

Solved: Re: Changes to Schedule A Charitable Contributions - Intuit Accountants Community

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers