Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oregon returns rejected by Intuit and re-sent

cinmon428
Level 7

Ok, Intuit has now rejected the 25 Oregon returns I sent that had any Federal tax subtraction. I have done what they ask, update the program and re-submit these returns. They are now again sitting at Intuit. Does any care to guess what comes next? Customer service is useless, saying there is no time line in them. Will they, at some time in the future, be "sent to the state"? Time frame?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
fairlightm
Level 1

Not that this helps but it is similar frustration: we just had some 30 Oregon returns rejected, which I believe were sent in before the update to Oregon's Federal tax subtraction. I've updated the program and tried to resubmit, however I get the error "Return has already been transmitted. The return selected has already been transmitted and cannot be reconverted."

So then I try to just retransmit and get "All the selected returns/extensions/payment have previously transmitted and cannot be reconverted for Electronic Filing".

And just for **bleep**s and giggles, I try to only convert and get first warning again.

I feel like even though those Oregon returns were rejected, I don't really have them back...

Any ideas???

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

So what is the current message you see for those returns under "EF status"? Is it still on "rejected" or is it showing "received by Intuit"?

0 Cheers
fairlightm
Level 1

Under EF Status is says "received by Intuit". Under next step is says "Resolve reject".

Success!!!...I just checked my acknowledgements again. And my same Oregon rejects came back through the report again. But this time I can reconvert and transmit the file! I am back in business...

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

I think you're in the same place I am now. Does your re-sent file for Oregon now say "received by Intuit?"

0 Cheers
fairlightm
Level 1

Yes, it says "Received by Intuit". Well darn it; I was so excited! Now I guess we just wait and see if the Oregon return goes anywhere.

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

So now all these Oregon returns are back where they started this morning, before they were sent to us. Mine were all correct to begin with. I don't know why they sent them back to me. And now I can't find out when they will be sent to the state. What communication, eh?

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

By the way, the software is "more correct" than it used to be, but it isn't completely correct. For the Oregon federal subtraction, you're supposed to use line 22 from 1040--no SE tax and no interest or penalties. I had a 10% penalty on line 23 for one client and the software included that in the federal tax. But the Oregon instructions say NOT to include that. So the software still isn't 100% right. You can override the program and still efile, but you would think they know what they're doing. They do not. 

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

SUCCESS! Mine have all been "send to state."

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Chickens coming home to roost.  If people hadn't insisted that the software not follow Oregon's published instructions, the state wouldn't have put a hold on accepting returns.  

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

I always have trouble following your logic. Oregon didn't put a hold on anything. All the returns with zero FTS were sent right on to Oregon and accepted. That accounted for 67% of my returns. The others were on hold at Intuit. Several calls to customer service revealed that "Intuit, and Intuit alone, is responsible for the holds."

0 Cheers